Grab Drivers in CNX

sqwakvfr

I don't know if this is a nationwide problem but lately some Grab drivers in CNX are behaving like this.

Today I booked a ride from Central Festival to Nimman.  A driver in a Honda accepted the ride but I noticed he was almost at Maya Mall.  I knew what was going to happen next. 

Message exchange between myself and the Grab Driver:

Driver: I am far away (No duh genius)

Me: Ok

Driver: it will take long time

Me: Ok

Driver: you cancel

Me: no, you cancel

Driver: driver cannot cancel

Me: this is not true

I then noticed the vehicle was now stationary in the area of Maya Mall. Hmm, I called Grab customer service, was put on hold, finally a live operator answered and relayed my comlaint. This took about 15 minutes and the Honda never moved.  The Grab Operator said any driver can cancel a ride that he or she has accepted.  The Grab operator then canceled this ride and I was not charged a cancelation fee. In the past I would have simply canceled and rebooked but this Grab Driver kind of pissed me off. . I almost feel like we foreigners have to teach or inform some Thai workers that this kind of behavior is not acceptable. This pattern of accepting a ride and then asking the rider to cancel by Grab Drivers has happened to me 3 other times in the past 2 months.  Anyway I guess just another Monday in the "Land of Smiles". 

Does anyone know if Indriver or Maxim drivers are any better? 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bolt is my ride share app of choice.  

Usually much cheaper than Grab and I haven't encountered (many) shenanigans.  

(InDrive is okay, I've never booked via Maxim though I've had Bolt drivers show up in cars with the Maxim logo on the side.)

1 minute ago, TheAppletons said:

Bolt is my ride share app of choice.  

Usually much cheaper than Grab and I haven't encountered (many) shenanigans.  

(InDrive is okay, I've never booked via Maxim though I've had Bolt drivers show up in cars with the Maxim logo on the side.)

Thanx.  I will give Bolt a try. 

Same general problem last week with Grab... I hadn't used one in a year or so, and remembered fairly good service... back then.

Last week I booked a Grab taxi to pick me up at a shop just outside of Warrarote Market. However, the ride was accepted by a driver near Airport Plaza who then told me he had one stop to make first. So... not only a driver on the opposite side of the city from my pickup point but one still engaged in delivering another passenger! This was 1pm mid-week. No real traffic to speak of. I guess long waits have become the norm, too.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

go on......

This has also become common.  Book a ride on the app and the driver does not come to my location.  On three seperate occasions the Grab Driver stops anywhere from 500 to 1000 meters from where I booked the ride.  I then got a message which says "you come to me".  I always replied"no, youi come to my location".  Often I book rides during the day and often I have large bags because I have gone shopping.  The usuaul reply from the drivers is "you cancel".  Back then I would just cancel and rebook. 500 meters may not sound like long distance but during the day and with loaded bags I r did not feel like going to another location when I booked a ride.  TIT and another day in "paradise". 

Edited by sqwakvfr

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2024 at 8:22 AM, FolkGuitar said:

Same general problem last week with Grab... I hadn't used one in a year or so, and remembered fairly good service... back then.

Last week I booked a Grab taxi to pick me up at a shop just outside of Warrarote Market. However, the ride was accepted by a driver near Airport Plaza who then told me he had one stop to make first. So... not only a driver on the opposite side of the city from my pickup point but one still engaged in delivering another passenger! This was 1pm mid-week. No real traffic to speak of. I guess long waits have become the norm, too.

This happens alot.   

I now allow 20 mins in my time of booking with Grab. I take screenshots too encase I need to cancel due to excessive time spent waiting.

Just cancel, using driver requested you to cancel option and you won't be charged, that way you can rebook in a timely manner to get on with your journey and if still aggrieved, you can report the original driver later.............