Best Video Game Ever?

garro

I agree with the original poster, that GTA: San Andreas is probably the best games ever, or at least my favorite. I bought and played ‘Mercenaries’ hoping for similar experience but found it to be a totally flat game. I can only think that the poster that made the comparison has not actually played a GTA game properly. I really fail to see how anyone that likes video games generally can dislike the GTA games.

Other favorites include N64: Golden Eye, Shadow of the Empire. Xbox: Shenmue II, Halo 1 & 2, Medal of Honor. PS2: God of War, Resident Evil 4 (I think) and all the other GTA games.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody remember Alley Cat for the IBM PC with CGA (wow) graphics? or even earlier, Star Trek on the DEC PDP-8 (ASCII 'graphics')?

Still occasionally dig out Wolfenstein but not really into gaming these days, eyes and reactions tooooooo slow.

I remember Alley Cat. Used to love it - though I must have been about 8 years old!

Frogger - Play everytime I go to Bkk. :D
:D:o

Surprised nobody has mentioned Half Life(&Counter Strike)

In other styles of game play, I liked C&C - All of 'em. Tiberium Wars, etc..Red Alert, etc.. and Generals, etc...

I also have an unexplained weakness for railrood tycoon. I never had a train set as a kid.

But I'm well behind on PC games these days.

nop. i mentioned CS first page :D

For those that have played CS, you may find this animation kinda funny. Its old, but classic:

edit: *Warning* -some members may find these videos offensive.

http://www.getamused.com/videos/ihateyuomyg0t2.html

and FPS doug (boom headshot) http://thatvideosite.com/view/201.html

Edited by eek

I agree with the original poster, that GTA: San Andreas is probably the best games ever, or at least my favorite. I bought and played ‘Mercenaries’ hoping for similar experience but found it to be a totally flat game. I can only think that the poster that made the comparison has not actually played a GTA game properly. I really fail to see how anyone that likes video games generally can dislike the GTA games.

Other favorites include N64: Golden Eye, Shadow of the Empire. Xbox: Shenmue II, Halo 1 & 2, Medal of Honor. PS2: God of War, Resident Evil 4 (I think) and all the other GTA games.

I have played far too many hours of GTA trying to figure out why everyone likes it so much and it seems beating put hookers is a fave past time for GTA players. I hate the game, it's crap everyway you look at it and Rockstar should be ashamed to endanger the self regulation of the industry with that Hot Coffee crap. Nope, sorry , GTA blows sweaty donkey balls.

Im not a fan of GTA either, but im gen not a fan of driving games (unless whacky like the muppets one), or flight simulators etc. But, GTA, seems in a league of its own. So much time and effort before you even get on a course. Guess its one for the diy car super-upper fans.

Street fighter is fun. Arcade ver of House of the Dead is great too. Those games always best when playing against a friend. :D

-----

lol @ garro :o

Im not a fan of GTA either, but im gen not a fan of driving games (unless whacky like the muppets one), or flight simulators etc. But, GTA, seems in a league of its own. So much time and effort before you even get on a course. Guess its one for the diy car super-upper fans.

Street fighter is fun. Arcade ver of House of the Dead is great too. Those games always best when playing against a friend. :D

-----

Eek Are you confusing Grand Theft Auto with Grand Turismo?

You are, aren't you?

whoops! i am indeed!

Aff its all driving malarky to me. Im mixing them up and lumping most of the driving games together, cuz Im not into them. THats my excuse anyway. Cant even drive in real life! :lo:

whoops! i am indeed!

Aff its all driving malarky to me. Im mixing them up and lumping most of the driving games together, cuz Im not into them. THats my excuse anyway. Cant even drive in real life! :lo:

Well that's you demoted back to girly-girl then :o

I have played far too many hours of GTA trying to figure out why everyone likes it so much and it seems beating put hookers is a fave past time for GTA players. I hate the game, it's crap everyway you look at it and Rockstar should be ashamed to endanger the self regulation of the industry with that Hot Coffee crap. Nope, sorry , GTA blows sweaty donkey balls.

I’m not trying to turn this thread into a GTA debate or anything, but I must correct some misperceptions. Contrary to media spin, the GTA games are not about beating up prostitutes and shooting police. Both of these things are possible, but neither of them are a requirement to play the game. Shooting police is detrimental to your success in the game, and killing prostitutes doesn’t get you anywhere. The game has much to do other than this. The game is easy to play and extremely varied, which I think is why it is so popular. Hours can be spent in the game just exploring and creating havoc (but not necessarily killing prostitutes). The game has a very good driving aspect to it as well as shoot-em-up, RPG aspects, puzzles, flying planes, riding motor bikes and fighting, all spread over a huge playable area. The possibility’s and scenarios are endless. I have never played such an open and varied game before: you play the game and complete missions however you see fit (but not necessarily killing prostitutes). It really is a complete gaming package. It is also very funny, with in game Radio stations to keep you amused. Take out the prostitutes, which are not a big part of the game, and a few of the adult missions and the game would not upset so much of the ‘none gaming’ world.

Have I sold it too you yet?

ohhh now i recal GTA. doh!

Anyway..the best bit about the game is killing the people. Then the stupid police come and try to muck up your fun and that timer thingamyjig that happens. Real pain. Just wanna drive around killing people. :o

Well that's you demoted back to girly-girl then :D
Anyway..the best bit about the game is killing the people. Then the stupid police come and try to muck up your fun and that timer thingamyjig that happens. Real pain. Just wanna drive around killing people. :D

You may want to rethink that garro. :o

-----

Eek Are you confusing Grand Theft Auto with Grand Turismo?

You are, aren't you?

Forza Motorsport is better I think.

I’m not trying to turn this thread into a GTA debate or anything, but I must correct some misperceptions. Contrary to media spin, the GTA games are not about beating up prostitutes and shooting police. Both of these things are possible, but neither of them are a requirement to play the game. Shooting police is detrimental to your success in the game, and killing prostitutes doesn’t get you anywhere. The game has much to do other than this. The game is easy to play and extremely varied, which I think is why it is so popular. Hours can be spent in the game just exploring and creating havoc (but not necessarily killing prostitutes). The game has a very good driving aspect to it as well as shoot-em-up, RPG aspects, puzzles, flying planes, riding motor bikes and fighting, all spread over a huge playable area. The possibility’s and scenarios are endless. I have never played such an open and varied game before: you play the game and complete missions however you see fit (but not necessarily killing prostitutes). It really is a complete gaming package. It is also very funny, with in game Radio stations to keep you amused. Take out the prostitutes, which are not a big part of the game, and a few of the adult missions and the game would not upset so much of the ‘none gaming’ world.

No.

:o

I have played both VC and SA, and I have yet to like them. Camera, controls, voices, graphics, all I dislike. I know there are many things a player can do, which is why I think the idea is good but it was poorly executed. Then the Hot Coffee issue, that made me really mad and because of that I refuse to give Rockstar Games my money.

No.

I have played both VC and SA, and I have yet to like them. Camera, controls, voices, graphics, all I dislike. I know there are many things a player can do, which is why I think the idea is good but it was poorly executed. Then the Hot Coffee issue, that made me really mad and because of that I refuse to give Rockstar Games my money.

Ok, fair enough.

I finished San Andreas before the issue with the Coffee Shop thing came out. I never unlocked it. It makes you wonder who’s ‘brilliant’ idea it was to sneak that little extra in. I expect some one lost their job over that.

No.

Ok, fair enough.

I finished San Andreas before the issue with the Coffee Shop thing came out. I never unlocked it. It makes you wonder who’s ‘brilliant’ idea it was to sneak that little extra in. I expect some one lost their job over that.

I think they knew about it and wanted it to be in there for gamers to find, game within game and secert codes, always big with gamers. I just think they didn't realize the backlash that would come even from the gaming community.

I agree with the original poster, that GTA: San Andreas is probably the best games ever, or at least my favorite. I bought and played 'Mercenaries' hoping for similar experience but found it to be a totally flat game. I can only think that the poster that made the comparison has not actually played a GTA game properly. I really fail to see how anyone that likes video games generally can dislike the GTA games.

I'm not trying to turn this thread into a GTA debate or anything, but I must correct some misperceptions. Contrary to media spin, the GTA games are not about beating up prostitutes and shooting police. Both of these things are possible, but neither of them are a requirement to play the game. Shooting police is detrimental to your success in the game, and killing prostitutes doesn't get you anywhere. The game has much to do other than this. The game is easy to play and extremely varied, which I think is why it is so popular. Hours can be spent in the game just exploring and creating havoc (but not necessarily killing prostitutes). The game has a very good driving aspect to it as well as shoot-em-up, RPG aspects, puzzles, flying planes, riding motor bikes and fighting, all spread over a huge playable area. The possibility's and scenarios are endless. I have never played such an open and varied game before: you play the game and complete missions however you see fit (but not necessarily killing prostitutes). It really is a complete gaming package. It is also very funny, with in game Radio stations to keep you amused. Take out the prostitutes, which are not a big part of the game, and a few of the adult missions and the game would not upset so much of the 'none gaming' world.

No.

Ok, fair enough.

I finished San Andreas before the issue with the Coffee Shop thing came out. I never unlocked it. It makes you wonder who's 'brilliant' idea it was to sneak that little extra in. I expect some one lost their job over that.

I think they knew about it and wanted it to be in there for gamers to find, game within game and secert codes, always big with gamers. I just think they didn't realize the backlash that would come even from the gaming community.

got to be drift racer ,only game ive been good at ,worst has to be metal gear acid ,could'nt even get out of the compound.......

• 7 months later...

-Golden Eye 007 (Nintendo 64)

-a special dedicace to Duke Nukem (on PC Windows... old stuff, it was a great shoot multiplayers game, on the network after.... work)

-and far away in my memory : Boulder Dash, Prince of Persia on... COMMODORE 64.

Anyone remember Dizzy for the commadore 64? He was a little egg type character with boxing gloves on. Used to play that loads as a kid and also Double Dragon, surprised there hasn't been a remake of that yet.

I gotta hold my hands up to being a gaming nut nut...I love em :o

when I start one I gotta finish it..unless its totally crap of course..

been through all of the Unreal,half life,tomb raider,quake,myst series...liked Morrowind,medal of honour and too many others to list...

But....my all time favorite game is Homeworld...story...playability...and the music...simply awesome....!!