Biden Weighs Supreme Court Reforms Amid Rising Controversies

Social Media

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

What really bugs me are all these "last minute hail Mary" gestures from Biden. Should have been taken care of years ago, not saved for election tokens. Too little too late.

MANY reports from multiple sources stating he got covid - AGAIN. I sincerely hope it takes him down. Not bad enough to die, just enough to take him out of the race. He could then back out with a little bit of dignity.

dont worry he didn't get hit by a train he isnt going anywhere.

the problem with the supreme court is that if dems are in power they will load it with their justices just as trump did, biden is p*ssed he cant do it so they will vote to do as the dems want & not the other way. As has been seen though they do not always vote with what either party is pushing/wanting, the US has become way to political and as a result average people are losing out to the extremes on both sides pushing their BS views onto everyone, there is no longer middle ground for the parties as there once was and the US is suffering due to it. From what I have seen the supreme court has been fairly good in their decisions even if some think they are controversial, its the political sides that are stirring sh*t about it, their decisons have to be based on the constitution not  either parties policies or what they actually want/political views. The supreme court doesnt need either side to try to change what they can do or how it performs, a good justice will go with what they believe the constitution means with no political bias which is what they are supposed to do, trouble is if that decision does not suit the political hacks from either side they rubbish it and try to claim it is due to party policies and not their interpretation of the constitution

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Ending lifetime appointments wound be a great thing. These justices do not deserve that, they represent one of the poorest courts in many decades, and they are highly partisan. I would also advocate adding at least six more justices, before Biden is done. 

Biden is already done. Do you think he is going to appoint six more? I guess you must be educated but you always come across as so naïve. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Trying to establish term limits or age limits on the Supreme Court is most likely unconstitutional.  I’m no where near an expert on the constitution but after a few minutes of research I found that article 3 section 1 of the constitution states that justices “shall hold their offices during good behavior”.  According to many experts this means for life unless they get impeached which has happen once.  Any law passed by congress would most likely be challenged with the final decision probably decided by the Supreme Court.

On another subject,  a couple of days ago Biden said the only way he would drop out would be if his doctor said there was a medical condition that would keep him from completing another term.  Now it’s reported he has Covid again. Could they be setting up a scenario where his doctor tells him he will have serious, lasting side effects, thus providing Biden with an excuse to bow out gracefully?

Edited by statman78
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Ending lifetime appointments wound be a great thing. These justices do not deserve that, they represent one of the poorest courts in many decades, and they are highly partisan. I would also advocate adding at least six more justices, before Biden is done. 

While I would like to see the end of lifetime appointments, I think it would take a constitutional amendment to do this (see my previous post).  I would also like to see term limits for members of the house and senate.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

It looks like Trump will win another term because Biden simply does not ( want to ) realize that there is no chance for him to win anymore .

If he did , he would be 84 by the end of it ...

The democrats will lose badly if they don't find someone fitter than Biden soon .

His fault .

Retire now , Joe , save the Nation by your exit .

I hope he stays to the bitter end. -  No, I don't want him re-elected, I want his party embarrased by the Republican Storm they will see come November 5th……..The USA needs about 12 years of Republican Rule to get back on top of things again.      Peace

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Supreme court reform and an amendment to counter what SCOTUS did to make presidents all powerful monarchs are both great issues going forward for democracy, Biden or not. 

Sorry but that really is a left wing extreme view. If you cannot understand the difference between what should be illegal and legal as a president then you have some issues. Biden/ Trump are not monarchs to do what ever they like with no consequencies. The court have just said the obvious - you cannot be prosecuted for acts of the job - if they decided differently Obama would be in court for murder of US citizens and Bush in court for starting a war with a lie over WMD's. NOBODY would run for president as they would be imprisoned by the next lotin

Ruling seems pretty clear to me.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1