Bangkok Hotel Deaths: Vietnamese Guide Admits to Supplying Snake Poison

webfact

Who ever heard of an investment in the construction of a Japanese hospital? 

I have an igloo community clinic I am looking for investors in. It pays a 24% return. What can one say? If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. 

23 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Hate to disagree, but this has the cockney maid written all over it. She had the key to the room  and complete access. We are not sure yet of the weapon, but the location's pretty well known. As yet there's no motive, but the the investigators are looking at a connection with the government. Apparently some of the deceased were civil serpents.

Professor Mustard in the library with the rope.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JoePai said:

What did the forensic report say was the cause of death ?  

They said was consistent with cyanide poisoning due to blue colouration on organs and extremities. 

6 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

They are fishing.. they have no idea yet and are leaking useless information to a reporter who is then using it to insinuate guilt.

Leaking, or blowing, useless information and speculation isn't exclusively the province ANF posters. Besides, if they didn't, then we'd have a thread full of complaints that they weren't. Inquiring opinionaters want to know.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Leaking, or blowing, useless information and speculation isn't exclusively the province ANF posters. Besides, if they didn't, then we'd have a thread full of complaints that they weren't. Inquiring opinionaters want to know.

That correct. There is no point in dribbling info. The public may want to know but at this stage the police should shut up until they know the truth, which is what  the public are entitled to. 

This gross mismanagement and speculation will eventually lead to any evidence in court being worthless.

My wife told me how it was yesterday, and I asked her, how do you know all this, and how do Police know exactly how it was even before they have managed to make the technical evidences ready and analyse everything. 

Well thats thai, giving the solution before it is finished investigated. 

Yesterday it was confirmed as cyanide poisoning. So why bring up this snake poison?

I mean, either they did an autopsy and identified the cause of death, or they didn’t. Yesterday the doctor who did the autopsies confirmed cyanide poisoning. Why this wild goose chase?

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

Right! Ol' Bruno, family and friends from the back blocks of Wyoming has no idea where Thailand is!

You ain’t going to get any Chinese staying at the Grand Hyatt. THATS for sure.

ghosts and all that.

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The truth might not matter because even CNN picked up this story.  Most outside of Thailand will only read the headline: 6 Tourists die in a Bangkok Hotel. This will have an impact.  

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think the government should issue a warning,

Dear Foreigners,

If you intend to Top yourself while on holiday please choose Cambodia to do it, 

It is damaging the image of Thailand,

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

You ain’t going to get any Chinese staying at the Grand Hyatt. THATS for sure.

ghosts and all that.

Which is presumably why an ordinary police matter had the Thai Prime Minister and the Thai Interior Minister visit the hotel where the incident took place. In no other country would politicians show such an interest.

So dor 300$ US you can buy snake poison #7?   What is this used for?   Life is cheap in Thailand and that's a fact.    I believe there are lots of tiger fellows like this in Thailand.   

40 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So dor 300$ US you can buy snake poison #7?   What is this used for?   Life is cheap in Thailand and that's a fact.    I believe there are lots of tiger fellows like this in Thailand.   

I have a question of similar/ same interest.

Snake Poison- as in the poison from a snake?

Snake Poison..as in poison to kill a snake?

Or ?

Does anyone know  ?

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

According to the BBC report, cyanide was found in the bodies of all 6 victims and in the tea cups.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3g64ljwp2go

Good thorough article by the BBC, that goes beyond the OP news report here, and has the doctors doing the autopsies on the victims confirming that cynanide was found in all of them.

Cyanide found in blood of Bangkok hotel victims

By Thanyarat Doksone & Kelly Ng, in Bangkok and Singapore

"Cyanide has been found in the blood of all six people who died in a luxury hotel suite in Bangkok, say doctors after examining their bodies.

Based on the initial post-mortem examination, they say there is "no other cause" that would explain their deaths "except for cyanide".

But further tests are being carried out to determine the "intensity" of the deadly chemical and to rule out any other toxins."

(more)

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3g64ljwp2go

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Six people found dead in Bangkok hotel killed with cyanide, Thai police say

The multiple murder is thought to be connected to a joint investment in a Japanese hospital construction project.

Euronews with AP
Published on 18/07/2024

Initial autopsy results have identified traces of cyanide in the blood of six Vietnamese and American guests found dead at a central Bangkok luxury hotel, with Thai authorities saying one is believed to have poisoned the others over a bad investment.
Trairong Piwpan, chief of the Thai police force's forensic division, said there were traces of cyanide in the cups and thermos flasks that police found in the room. This was later confirmed by the initial autopsy results.
Kornkiat Vongpaisarnsin, head of the forensic medicine department at Chulalongkorn University's medical school, said at a news conference that there was cyanide found in the blood of all six bodies and that CAT scans had revealed no signs of blunt force trauma.

(more)

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yesterday they were blaming Chong as the culprit, now it's Lan

Yes this was yesterday Six people died at a luxury hotel in Bangkok after drinking tea laced with cyanide, with one of the dead believed to be the killer.

14 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Cyanide tea bags reported on the local radio station. 

Deliberate poisoning. 

The group were involved with Japanese real estate purchase, hospital. 

Yes, and I doubt ten million Baht would build a hospital in Japan. Why would Vietnamese invest there,, or was it just a scam gone wrong.?? And what were they all doing in Thailand ?  That’s what I hate about all these stories, we never know the ending .

Seeing that everybody is just guessing I'll have a go too.....I think it was the housemaid in the library using the candlestick