Uk pension, what to do?

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

If you renew your passport in the correct matter here in Thailand, your old passport will never be seen by either HMPO or the DWP. It's stays right here in Thailand.

So just renew your passport as normal. 

But, every page is copied on paper and sent off with your details.........:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

If you renew your passport in the correct matter here in Thailand, your old passport will never be seen by either HMPO or the DWP. It's stays right here in Thailand.

So just renew your passport as normal. 

but a colour copy of every passport page is sent with the application to Liverpool

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, steve187 said:

but a colour copy of every passport page is sent with the application to Liverpool

Yawn! I've been through all that already!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

Seems unlikely as Raindancer says his new passport came through in 9 days, unless he meant weeks

7 hours ago, cleopatra7 said:

Seems unlikely as Raindancer says his new passport came through in 9 days, unless he meant weeks

No.  I actually meant 9 days, not weeks.  I posted details on here in January at the time.   But, I cannot see what colour copies has to do with my 9 days.

My post is dated 25 January under "UK Passports".  All details are there if you want to use the search function.

Edited by Raindancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Personally, I doubt that anything goes "back to Blighty".......I would imagine that the copied pages will at best be scanned to HMPO.

It's sent by courier, you're given a track and trace number. Mine arrived in Birmingham about 3 days after my VFS appointment. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cleopatra7 said:

How do you know, why would they bother with the pages?

Does it really matter what happens to the passport copies?  All you need to do is provide them as required by their stipulations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, cleopatra7 said:

How do you know, why would they bother with the pages?

How would I know, because I have renewed TWO passports whilst in LOS. 

One, I did myself at Trendy, I had to provide copies of every page in my PP, at the Trendy interview, they checked every PP page against my copies, the copies were put in the envelope to go to the UK.

The second one I used an agent, in the agent ad they said THEY do all the page copying included in the fee....

Is that clear enough for you....?   🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:54 AM, CharlieKo said:

I think you will find that HMRC and DWP cannot communicate directly with each other.

As evidenced by the frequent reports on here from those who have been erroneously tax-coded by HMRC on the basis of being in full receipt of annual triple-lock increases on their State Pensions!