Using two phones with same number?

I recently bought a new phone that supports eSim.
I have an old phone with normal Sim.
What I would like to do is to use the old phone with the old Sim for sport activities, but for regular life the new phone (so to not damage the new phone). If I swap the normal Sim every time, it is a question of time till the small mechanics is worn out.
So I wondered if it is somehow possible to use the old with the Sim and the new one with eSim, and just keep only one turned on....Or any other easy to do idea.

15 minutes ago, h90 said:

What I would like to do is to use the old phone with the old Sim for sport activities, but for regular life the new phone (so to not damage the new phone). If I swap the normal Sim every time, it is a question of time till the small mechanics is worn out.
So I wondered if it is somehow possible to use the old with the Sim and the new one with eSim, and just keep only one turned on....Or any other easy to do idea.

Can you rephrase, it seems that you answered your own question.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, novacova said:

Can you rephrase, it seems that you answered your own question.

No he hasn't. He is asking if he can use eSIM in one phone and regular, with the same number, in another.

I would however suggest to the OP that he tries it!

45 minutes ago, h90 said:

Try it!

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

You just quoted back the link!

I see now!

thanks! Don't know why I didn't see, I think I get senile....🤪