Entry Requirements for Visa Waiver

Hi guys,

I went to the IATA travel center website to look for updates to the thailand entry requirements for airline check in.

Surprise, they have added the option of extension of stay and not limited to 60days return/onward ticket ( which was there earlier).

This is a snip from the website.

People can check on IATA Travel center , travel requirements page for their journeys.

Cheers

Screenshot 2024-07-22 142005.png

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As long as the airline follows that.

BTW: suggest that people carry cash. Thai baht or equivalent currency if flying visa exempt. 

Interesting re Cash but understand reasons why

If I rocked up without hard cash but could show in real time 500,000 in Thai bank (via app) would that suffice ?

Might have to start carrying £500 in cash from now on just in case

21 minutes ago, Chivas said:

If I rocked up without hard cash but could show in real time 500,000 in Thai bank (via app) would that suffice ?

Might have to start carrying £500 in cash from now on just in case

Nope, has to be 20 crisp 1,000 THB (or alternatively in your case 22 crisp £20) notes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Anyone who "rocks up" is immediately denied entry, and rightfully so. 

Money in the bank does not count but it is very unusual that B20k cash is required to be shown, unless the IO has suspicions about the traveller.  Never happened once to me in 30 years.

I suspect there are going to be reams of denials daily if that cash show is strictly enfotced

I'm surmising that if you turn up looking like an utter peasant in dreadlocks or you're bald you might get asked but not otherwise

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

Trips to the ATM to withdraw the cash were not permitted.

there are no ATM machines before immigration, so impossible, not just not permitted

20 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

there are no ATM machines before immigration, so impossible, not just not permitted

There is an ATM near the Visa on Arrival desk before passport control. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

We are talking about visa exempt entries  🙂

If it is "before passport control," that will work.  If they start doing the "show the money" thing, again, I hope they let people use that machine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Recent article stating Thai immigration want the process done on average in 45 seconds

Strictly enforce this 20,000 and it'll end up multiple times slower

Has anyone on this thread ever been asked ?? I certainly havent

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Recent article stating Thai immigration want the process done on average in 45 seconds

You should see the time-estimations for a marriage-based Non-O extension, which is posted in Immigration offices - truly comical. 

I cannot find the older threads where they were asking for the money (apparently fell into the digital-ether), but here is the first case where they started denying entry even if you had the money - even with a Tourist Visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2024 at 5:27 PM, bigt3116 said:

We are talking about visa exempt entries  🙂

The guy said there is no ATM before passport control BUT THERE IS!

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 1:29 PM, vikc said:

Hi guys,

I went to the IATA travel center website to look for updates to the thailand entry requirements for airline check in.

Surprise, they have added the option of extension of stay and not limited to 60days return/onward ticket ( which was there earlier).

This is a snip from the website.

People can check on IATA Travel center , travel requirements page for their journeys.

Cheers

Screenshot 2024-07-22 142005.png

Not sure how you received that but it still shows an onward ticket is required or you may be denied entry

Screenshot_20240727-095219_Chrome.jpg

On 7/25/2024 at 6:44 AM, Chivas said:

40 years of being a snowbird ( ie 4/5 months every EU winter)  and I’ve never been asked or had a problem. 

On 7/23/2024 at 12:34 PM, Chivas said:

IOs, in the past, weren't interested in someone's bank balance. Word has always been: embassies (for visa applications) want to see a bank balance, while IOs at the border want to see hard cash...