Kamala Harris Former Prosecutor v Convicted Criminal Energizing the Presidential Race

Social Media

6 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You were reasonable until you started spitting trite one-liners in response to serious posts like the rest of them. I spent the majority of that post pointing that out and encouraging you to return to principled and serious debate. That you seemed to be eschewing it in favour of the usual one-line nonsense was discouraging, I'll admit. I resorted to calling you names as a result which was wrong and I apologize. That you are offended by being called part of the MAGA crowd does indicate there remains hope for you.

Wow. Never asked for an apology and never asked for hope from you. it is simple, I do not think like you.  It is called differences.  There are even vast differences amongst people of the same political party  I thought the "D" in DEI stood for diversity?  Does this include diversity in thoughts and opinons as well?  Would this be a "trite one liner' as well? 

2 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Wow. Never asked for an apology and never asked for hope from you. it is simple, I do not think like you.  It is called differences.  There are even vast differences amongst people of the same political party  I thought the "D" in DEI stood for diversity?  Does this include diversity in thoughts and opinons as well?  Would this be a "trite one liner' as well? 

I apologized because I shouldn't have said that, not because you asked. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and try to atone for whatever damage it may have caused. 

Please re-read my posts while ignoring the part about you joining MAGA. They are all about appreciation of differing viewpoints well expressed and lamenting about the lack thereof. You provided some good ones, but once the debate got a bit warmed up this morning you stopped doing so. My point about the swing voters for example was logical and hardly controversial, but you chose for whatever reason to throw doubt on it even though you understood it and agreed with it pretty much, rather than discuss the wider and more interesting points. I'd enjoy hearing your views since we so seldom get someone on the conservative side who is willing and able to engage in principled debate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

https://nypost.com/2024/07/28/us-news/in-vibe-election-battleground-poll-shifts-should-scare-donald-trump/

Gee Donald this GD Fox are out of control!!

Do spank them all!

Donald Trump received a rude awakening Friday night from Fox News, when it reported fresh polling in four key states (Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin) that showed three of them too close to call and the other one slipping away.

added:

The posts in the media I read in USA now are mad because Kamala is now getting all the attention.

MAGA are pissed and Donald must be too!

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

I apologized because I shouldn't have said that, not because you asked. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and try to atone for whatever damage it may have caused. 

Please re-read my posts while ignoring the part about you joining MAGA. They are all about appreciation of differing viewpoints well expressed and lamenting about the lack thereof. You provided some good ones, but once the debate got a bit warmed up this morning you stopped doing so. My point about the swing voters for example was logical and hardly controversial, but you chose for whatever reason to throw doubt on it even though you understood it and agreed with it pretty much, rather than discuss the wider and more interesting points. I'd enjoy hearing your views since we so seldom get someone on the conservative side who is willing and able to engage in principled debate.

I never doubted anything you commented on. I just had a different thought on it. 

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

Never said you weren’t empathetic that’s tough to do if you are a cop seeing the worst in people every day ( I’m sure it could be rewarding as well) my question to you would be do you have faith in trump?especially now that we have seen what a trump administration brings?

1) No faith in Trump but some faith in Vance

2) Not sure exactly what a potentioal second Trump administration would bring.  I have learned to not believe in what he says and see what he does. Yes. He lies, exxagerates, and gets people on both sides of the political spectrum to get emotional.  This apperars to be his playbook.He plays people and one hsa to not fall for it.  But many will fall for it. 

5 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

2) Not sure exactly what a potentioal second Trump administration would bring.  I have learned to not believe in what he says and see what he does. Yes. He lies, exxagerates, and gets people on both sides of the political spectrum to get emotional.  This apperars to be his playbook.He plays people and one hsa to not fall for it.  But many will fall for it. 

Genuine chaos Manager

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I'm not entirely sure why you don't know what a Trump 2nd administration would bring as he's been VERY vocal about what he plans to do. Whether it's stopping all climate change legislation or closing the US Department of Education (as well as many other departments that don't fall into line with his thinking), he also wants to walk back aid to Ukraine as well as to continue to question the viability of NATO. To appease his Christian base, he wants individual states to set their own laws on abortion which in effect would mean outright bans from many of the more extreme states and of course his pièce de résistance is his immigration policy that would see the biggest deportation and border arrest program in American history with plans for law enforcement and the National Guard to deport millions of undocumented immigrants. 

He denies backing Project 2025 (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-is-project-2025-trump-conservative-blueprint-heritage-foundation/) but with so many of his 'team' backing it, much if not all of it is seen as being scarily close to what he wants and with it comes an all-encompassing re-defining of the executive branch that will put his sycophants in charge regardless of their ability to do the job.

This information is out there and it doesn't take much to find it so there really is no excuse for being 'Not sure exactly what a potentioal (sic) second Trump administration would bring'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm not entirely sure why you don't know what a Trump 2nd administration would bring as he's been VERY vocal about what he plans to do. Whether it's stopping all climate change legislation or closing the US Department of Education (as well as many other departments that don't fall into line with his thinking), he also wants to walk back aid to Ukraine as well as to continue to question the viability of NATO. To appease his Christian base, he wants individual states to set their own laws on abortion which in effect would mean outright bans from many of the more extreme states and of course his pièce de résistance is his immigration policy that would see the biggest deportation and border arrest program in American history with plans for law enforcement and the National Guard to deport millions of undocumented immigrants. 

He denies backing Project 2025 (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-is-project-2025-trump-conservative-blueprint-heritage-foundation/) but with so many of his 'team' backing it, much if not all of it is seen as being scarily close to what he wants and with it comes an all-encompassing re-defining of the executive branch that will put his sycophants in charge regardless of their ability to do the job.

This information is out there and it doesn't take much to find it so there really is no excuse for being 'Not sure exactly what a potentioal (sic) second Trump administration would bring'. 

Just because he says it does not mean he will do or can do it.  The Dept of Education closing and  cutting aid to Ukraine appeals to his loyal and mostly uninformed base.  Also, abortion restrictions and the NG at the border are things that appeal to his base.  Personally I do not agree with his views on abortion but the NG at the border I would agree.  Even Channel News Asia of Singapore sent a report to cenral American to take the same land routes that Chinese have used to entere the US from the Southern Border.  Channel News Asia estimates over 40,000 Chinese have entered the US from the southern border.  CNA is a not Fox News.   I am not alarmed at some of the things Trump says he would do if elected to another term. I am not a MAGA facist and I do not own a red hat. Every nation has the right to determine who and when someone enters. Certainly Thailand tries to maintain control of it's borders. 

"No excuse". Ok.  Your opinion and I will not disagree. 

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Just because he says it does not mean he will do or can do it.  The Dept of Education closing and  cutting aid to Ukraine appeals to his loyal and mostly uninformed base.  Also, abortion restrictions and the NG at the border are things that appeal to his base.  Personally I do not agree with his views on abortion but the NG at the border I would agree.  Even Channel News Asia of Singapore sent a report to cenral American to take the same land routes that Chinese have used to entere the US from the Southern Border.  Channel News Asia estimates over 40,000 Chinese have entered the US from the southern border.  CNA is a not Fox News.   I am not alarmed at some of the things Trump says he would do if elected to another term. I am not a MAGA facist and I do not own a red hat. Every nation has the right to determine who and when someone enters. Certainly Thailand tries to maintain control of it's borders. 

Your thoughts are your opinions. Sucks you use Kamala energizing forum, but it is so.

I will not in any way give you any sort of pass and shudder that you can agree to this!

Spells out exactly who you are,plain and simple!

I am not alarmed at some of the things Trump says he would do if elected to another term

• Like 1

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Your thoughts are your opinions. Sucks you use Kamala energizing forum, but it is so.

I will not in any way give you any sort of pass and shudder that you can agree to this!

Spells out exactly who you are,plain and simple!

I am not alarmed at some of the things Trump says he would do if elected to another term

I1) So who am I? 

2) I never asked of anythign from you. Also, why would you shudder? 

2 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I1) So who am I? 

2) I never asked of anythign from you. Also, why would you shudder? 

I learn early in my career, everybody reveals themselves eventually.

The trick is pay attention to what they say.

I am not alarmed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I learn early in my career, everybody reveals themselves eventually.

The trick is pay attention to what they say.

I am not alarmed

Again. 

1) Who am I?

2) Why would you shudder? I never said anything about your career. 

How could I reveal myself to anyone based upon comments on this forum.  Isn't that "a big leap".  I have no idea who or what you are.   Now you are not alarmed but would still shudder? 

Edited by sqwakvfr

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

I really don’t understand the assumption that Trump will not do EXACTLY what he is saying he will do. He has outlined his plan to anyone that cares to listen and that’s to manipulate the executive to do exactly what he wants as he was so frustrated the last time. It’s why he stacked the SC when he got the chance and if given another shot, just watch what he tries to do to the executive part of the government. 
And the border issue has been around for an awful long time and won’t be sorted by anyone any day soon but Trump manipulates it to appeal to a rabid base who think immigrants are the problem rather than things that actually have an affect. It’s the politics of fear and Trump and the GOP in general stoke these fires with continued impunity that will see (if he gets elected) some 11 million people deported to include children who have known no other life other than being American. These Dreamers are born in the US to undocumented parents but that doesn’t matter to Trump and his cohorts; they’re fair game as far as they are concerned. 
I wish I could be quite so blasé as to what Trump will/wont do but I genuinely think this man is VERY dangerous and if given the mandate of POTUS is much better prepared this time round to enact much of what he has promised. 
It might not happen but why oh why would you even risk it?

• Agree 1

On 7/28/2024 at 12:35 PM, Gecko123 said:

Despite all the honeymoon talk, I don't see the enthusiasm level for Harris dying down any time soon.

That's a surprise. I would haveexpected 99% Trumpers in The Villages.

45 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I really don’t understand the assumption that Trump will not do EXACTLY what he is saying he will do. He has outlined his plan to anyone that cares to listen and that’s to manipulate the executive to do exactly what he wants as he was so frustrated the last time. It’s why he stacked the SC when he got the chance and if given another shot, just watch what he tries to do to the executive part of the government. 
And the border issue has been around for an awful long time and won’t be sorted by anyone any day soon but Trump manipulates it to appeal to a rabid base who think immigrants are the problem rather than things that actually have an affect. It’s the politics of fear and Trump and the GOP in general stoke these fires with continued impunity that will see (if he gets elected) some 11 million people deported to include children who have known no other life other than being American. These Dreamers are born in the US to undocumented parents but that doesn’t matter to Trump and his cohorts; they’re fair game as far as they are concerned. 
I wish I could be quite so blasé as to what Trump will/wont do but I genuinely think this man is VERY dangerous and if given the mandate of POTUS is much better prepared this time round to enact much of what he has promised. 

what he said

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Who said I was not emphathetic. I have known about Kamala Harris ever since she was the District Attorney in San Francisco.  I would never vote for her unless Kelly was the VP Nominee. I have faith in Kelly and not in Harris. 

Kelly emerges as a top contender for Harris’s VP pick
BY JARED GANS - 07/27/24 5:00 PM ET

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4795312-mark-kelly-kamala-harris-arizona-jd-vance

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yeah I know about US Immigration. As long as I can recall the old INS would issue Immigration detainer holds for some the suspects the police arrested.  Of course most of the time INS would never come and pick up their suepcts. This was back in the 1980's and 1990's. I'm an immigrant and most of my relatives are also immigrants.  If you are looking for someone to have sympathy or even empathy for anyone who entered illegally then someone like me is not the answer. Illegal immigrants are a problem. On this I guess we will always disagree. 

So Trump will seperate and devast families when some are deported.  Yes in some cases.  I knew a guy who was adopted from S. Korea when he was a baby.  But his adoptive parents never had him naturalized sa an American citizen. He was arrested for residential burglary, convicted and sent to prison. He was then deported to S. Korea. He was devasted and seperated from his family. Should the same happen for someone who is classified as DACA? 

Lastly Trump is a prolific liar so why do so many believe just about everything he says? 

Edited by sqwakvfr

On 7/29/2024 at 4:48 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Yeah I know about US Immigration. As long as I can recall the old INS would issue Immigration detainer holds for some the suspects the police arrested.  Of course most of the time INS would never come and pick up their suepcts. This was back in the 1980's and 1990's. I'm an immigrant and most of my relatives are also immigrants.  If you are looking for someone to have sympathy or even empathy for anyone who entered illegally then someone like me is not the answer. Illegal immigrants are a problem. On this I guess we will always disagree. 

So Trump will seperate and devast families when some are deported.  Yes in some cases.  I knew a guy who was adopted from S. Korea when he was a baby.  But his adoptive parents never had him naturalized sa an American citizen. He was arrested for residential burglary, convicted and sent to prison. He was then deported to S. Korea. He was devasted and seperated from his family. Should the same happen for someone who is classified as DACA? 

Lastly Trump is a prolific liar so why do so many believe just about everything he says? 

I think the rule of law should apply to DACA people -- i.e. you're illegal, you should be deported, especially if you commit a crime of any kind.  That said, I also think (though the train left the station on this years ago) that DACA is a great bargaining chip and the Reps should agree to give them amnesty in exchange for something they want on immigration.  But as I said, due to many reasons, not the least the open borders we've had for years that have allowed millions in, this is yesterday's hash.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:45 AM, ChicagoExpat said:

I'm so sick of this crap.  Both sides constantly impeaching members of the other party (or trying to) for purely political theater...  Just trying to distract us from the fact that Congress never gets anything done and they have no actual idea how to govern.

OMG.....I've just started to watch some of these US committee hearings with the likes of MTG and LB sitting on them.....unbelievably embarrassing.

If you have never watched the UK select committee hearings....try it....you'll get a shock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2024 at 1:07 PM, JCauto said:

Harris on the other hand is all that Biden is not, so would be an attractive choice in comparison.

Whatever Biden came across as it was not as a horrible person. Harris is IMO just unlikable and once the honeymoon period is over voters will see her for what she is. Unlikely they will vote for Trump, but they may stay home instead of voting.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:48 PM, sqwakvfr said:

We don't, but we don't care as the other side is just too awful to support. This time they have to stand on their record of incompetence and warmongering.

• Thanks 1