Extracts With Over 0.2% THC

As the law stand now, any cannabis extracts containing more than 0.2% THC are still considered an illegal class five narcotic drug and are illegal to poses, unless they are administered by a doctor. 

Even though there is no legal THC limits on cannabis flowers, does this mean that it's still illegal for someone to take their own (high in THC) cannabis flowers and make an infused oil extract from it for personal consumption only?

Edited by HugoFastor

It's probably illegal because you have produced an extract of more than 0.2% THC but I read somewhere a while back that police had been instructed not to prosecute for any cannabis offences in the current legal environment. I have never heard of dispensaries or individuals being prosecuted for that since June 2022. Those selling edibles might be low hanging fruit  for the cops, if they were to prosecute. However, they would probably try to argue they had not produced extracts, as they just decarbed weed without using chemicals.  Oil would be harder to defend.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes, I haven't heard of anybody being prosecuted for anything related to cannabis since 2022 either.

As for edibles, I know very little about them. I've never tried one and it's not really of interest to me. Since you have no idea what's really being put into them, I would never buy any. But that's just me.

Anyway, my question really was just about trying to understand the law rather than how to get around it. But I guess if somebody had some oil, and they were questioned about it, they could just say that it's CBD oil, which is not illegal. Then it would come down to whether or not they want to send it to a lab and test it for THC potency, which I doubt they would ever do under the current situation.

Since they are not trying to prosecute anybody at all related to cannabis at the moment, then it doesn't sound like the laws on extracts are being enforced. 

Speaking of edibles, there is a shop in Siam Square that openly sells edibles online with 10mg of THC and has a website where you can order from which is showing many different kinds. Guess it's not an issue at all right now. 

I dislike the buzz from ingesting personally. Before you ruin all that nice bud think thrice. Process is a hassle and results far from uniform. Even 25mg quarter cookie made my eyes blood red as well

• Confused 1

I've made my own oil and it's really nice. Not like an edible that takes longer to take effect. Also, oil doesn't stay as long in the intestines like an edible does as it is more quickly absorbed. The high from oil really isn't too dissimilar to smoking or vaping it. It's actually a really good way to store and consume it too once you have the oil prepared. It is work though. Will take you half a day to make up a batch. But once it's done then you have nearly a 6 month supply and you don't have to mess about grinding up buds and smoking them. Much cleaner, no smell, or wear and tear on the throat or respiratory system. 

Oil is also more of an extract than a concentrate the way that an edible is. With oil, it's much easier to control the dose by experimenting with how many drops you need. With an edible though it's much more like a concentrate and difficult to reduce the strength of the dose if you don't like the effect. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

I've made my own oil and it's really nice. Not like an edible that takes longer to take effect. Also, oil doesn't stay as long in the intestines like an edible does as it is more quickly absorbed. The high from oil really isn't too dissimilar to smoking or vaping it. It's actually a really good way to store and consume it too once you have the oil prepared. It is work though. Will take you half a day to make up a batch. But once it's done then you have nearly a 6 month supply and you don't have to mess about grinding up buds and smoking them. Much cleaner, no smell, or wear and tear on the throat or respiratory system. 

Oil is also more of an extract than a concentrate the way that an edible is. With oil, it's much easier to control the dose by experimenting with how many drops you need. With an edible though it's much more like a concentrate and difficult to reduce the strength of the dose if you don't like the effect. 

ever heard of nano emulsified edibles ?