Thailand’s economy to grow 2.7% this year

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

They looked into the glass ball again and expect, predict, believe and hope....

And dribbled at the 'Digital Wallet' photos!!!!😏😏😏😏😂🤣😂🤣

Strettha and his cohorts have made no attemps (at least succesful) to diversify Thailand's economy, the way Vietnam, Malaysia are succesfully doing.

Instead he has pushed Thailand into a spiral of addiction into cheap mass tourism. However, this time the visitor numbers will be on steroids and it will be cheaper tourists. An utterly ridiculous leadership decision. 

• Agree 1

If one looks at the current global economic and financial situation, there is little hope for optimism.  A recent article noted that about half the world's "democracies" are holding national elections this year; many of which have been brought forward by 1-2 years, as current governments see a worsening economic situation in 2024-2026.  The weak Chinese economy and political uncertainty in the USA are also contributing factors.

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Bullshit meter.gif

AN just recently they were moaning about how bad the economy was and lowered the projected GDP growth for the year. Money fleeing the local market faster than ever.  Were really positive that the 10K giveaway would drive the economy and now others saying it will be a flop.  The people here must get tired of the ups and mostly downs from their government.  They certainly deserve better in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

AN just recently they were moaning about how bad the economy was and lowered the projected GDP growth for the year. Money fleeing the local market faster than ever.  Were really positive that the 10K giveaway would drive the economy and now others saying it will be a flop.  The people here must get tired of the ups and mostly downs from their government.  They certainly deserve better in my opinion.

If they really wanted it they'd get off their lethargic rear-ends and demand it.

Voting has proved pointless, so it's time they got into the streets in the thousands and embarrass them globally into submission.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

If they really wanted it they'd get off their lethargic rear-ends and demand it.

Voting has proved pointless, so it's time they got into the streets in the thousands and embarrass them globally into submission.

Yeah, maybe they see other countries too that vote in a particular party candidate - then the parties won't make him the leader or the military could just not like the results.  It has been this way since I was first here in the early 70's.  Yeah, I was in the PI and at the embassy when Marcos fled to Hawaii.  I think they said over 600K protesters in the streets prior to that fleeing.