Is there a way to block specific sub-forums?

I searched and could not find the answer to this with regard to forum functions, so I'm posting the question here on forum functionality/how do I do this?

Is there a way to block or opt out of specific sub-forums so that they don't appear in my "unread content" feed?  Specifically the political soapbox sub-forum and possibly a couple of others. 

Thanks and I hope I've posted this question in the right area.  

Edited by ChrisP24
  • Thumbs Up 1

It would be nice to block any post that has the word “Trump”…

But sadly that would just leave only 2-3 posts left about how to handle a Thai girlfriend with a history of STDs…

Edited by BKKKevin
  • Haha 1

A bit laborious to set up but seems to work.  You're actually opting in to what you want, not opting out of what you don't want.

Create a custom activity stream using "More", "Activity", "My Activity Streams" then "Create New Stream".

Select your preferences on this page, give it a name and save it.  The choice for "Following" doesn't seem to suit but that will be fixed next.

Go back in to this new stream and under "Following" change it to "Content posted in areas I follow" which wasn't an option when creating a new stream.  Save changes.

Go into the sub-forums you want to view and follow them, selecting if you want notified etc each time.  Select your new stream and you'll see only the new stuff in only the forums you've chosen to follow.  Here's the heading of the one I've just done.

image.png.b0ec230303ee93882aab168082dbbdb9.png

They're not laid out well (IMO) doing this but gets you what you want I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 7:41 PM, treetops said:

Create a custom activity stream using "More", "Activity", "My Activity Streams" then "Create New Stream".

Where do you find this "custom activity stream using "More", "Activity", "My Activity Streams" then "Create New Stream"?

If it works I might take part in this forum again but at present it is broken with the same people (Bots?) hogging the same repetitive topics!

14 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Where do you find this "custom activity stream using "More", "Activity", "My Activity Streams" then "Create New Stream"?

If it works I might take part in this forum again but at present it is broken with the same people (Bots?) hogging the same repetitive topics!

Desktop view.  I'm using Firefox.

Capture.JPG.cb4feb8f25d9698c3ac8ec840c98af04.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1