Somebody used my Credit Card online

I noticed a  suspicious charge by Google Play for $25 on my Barclays US credit Card on 7/25/24

I reported it the minute it was alerted to me .

Today during usa business hours i will file a dispute!

Note: No one has access to my card!

The transaction happened online!

Im in Thailand and I’ve used my card

at Lotus, Robinson, Big C, Global House , Thai Watzadu , Fa Prong Restaurant , Princ Hospital  My only 

online purchase was a donation to a secure fund raising group!

I know the card company will cover the charge and I have locked the card on my app. More than likely Im gonna have to cancel my card and request to have a new one sent to me, at my USA 

residence .

How did someone get my Card Information?

Your Thoughts 

And please no sarcasm, only well meaning responses!

Edited by riclag

Had over £10k charged to my card after using it at an ATM on Sukhumvit near soi 3/5.

I can only assume they had a card reader inserted somehow.....or someone in the hotel somehow could make use of it??

Had hotels booked to it in Gibraltar, China and Mexico all for the same night???? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The credit card rep canceled the card 

and will issue a new one !

I won’t have to be responsible for the transaction if they determine its fraud.

They will investigate the matter,it can take up to several billing cycles to resolve.

She did say to avoid establishments 

using  machines that use the magnetic  strip swiping your card through along side the machine!

9 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Thieves have numerous possible ways to get your card number.

Data breach at one of the places you used the card, skimming devices, hacking the credit card processor, scraping the number from you by intercepting the RFID signal at close range, formjacking, stealing it if you used it over public or other non-secured WIFI, one of the employees where you used it stole the information, among others.

Presumably you didn't fall for one of the obvious ways: phishing email, inadvertently downloading malware, scam phone call, or the ever popular "your wife/girlfriend did it."

In short, it happens all the time and you'll probably never know how.  

Agree  ! This is the second time its happen to my Barclays credit card , each time, different account numbers.

Last time was 1 year ago at a phone shop , they had to swipe the magnetic strip.  Within a day i had four 

different inquiries on my card !