Just to let you know that the cost of transferring Bht 35000 to my Bkk Bank has gone up this month by Bht 13.06, to Bht 44.76. 

Instigated at 5am this morning, arrived as International Transfer at 14.05.

Luckily, no cleverly, I had converted my GBPs into THBs in mid July when it was 47 to the pound.

I am not complaining.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No, GBP - THB

Ah, then that's fine.  I would have paid the conversion fee some time ago when converting from GBP to THB.  It's just the small sending fee that seems to have changed significantly recently, albeit it's still only a few baht irrespective of transfer amount.

I have just been told by e mail from Wise, transfers will take 2 to 4 days. As for the one I tried to send yeaterday.. 6 days!! This is only a 1000 US ACH transfer,  which has been going through in seconds or a couple hours at most for the last two years. 

Has anyone else had this ... 

Again the above information was in response to an e mail I sent regarding the 6 day transfer date (!) Could not bloody believe it.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Dcheech said:

I have just been told by e mail from Wise, transfers will take 2 to 4 days. As for the one I tried to send yeaterday.. 6 days!! This is only a 1000 US ACH transfer,  which has been going through in seconds or a couple hours at most for the last two years. 

Has anyone else had this ... 

Again the above information was in response to an e mail I sent regarding the 6 day transfer date (!) Could not bloody believe it.

Thanks

A monthly occurrence for me; six days from starting the transfer to receiving the THB into my Bangkok Bank account.

I initiate my transfers from within the WISE app.  As I understand it, if you were to set up WISE as a transfer partner in your home bank's account and initiate the transfer that way (i.e., you push the money from your account to WISE instead of asking WISE to pull it from your bank) then the transfer would be measurably faster.     

For whatever reason, I'm reluctant to do that though many others do so.  (I think the fee may be less too.)

• Thumbs Up 1