"Buying" farm land from Sahakorn (cooperative)?

(posted in farming section as it seems more closely related to the category than the usual falang McMansion chanote/fake company BS, but mods please feel free to move if deemed inappropriate for here)

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot when it comes to Thai farming land "ownership" and the various types of non-red-chanote title deeds, not am I financially involved in this deal but I am super curious and would like to educate myself.

So the spousal unit tells me her father is buying a fairly large sized block of rubber tree land (25 rai) from the "Sahakorn"

https://sahakorn.pmk.ac.th/

So this is, as far as I can tell, a just a credit cooperative.

This is what my ears have processed coming from her:

1. She keeps saying that Sahakorn is "government" - how is a credit cooperative "government?

2. The land has "official measurements" (ok, good)

3. But the paperwork and proof of "ownership" (she calls it a "guarantee from Sahakorn i.e. "govt") will not be the typical deed/title certificate that has some kind of Garuda on it?!  BUT she says that after 1 year a chanote can be applied for.

This is in the sticks of Buriram province.

I know a lot of the land in farming areas is non chanote'ed but shouldn't there at least be a title deed with some sort of colored garuda on top (blue/green etc etc)??

Or is this buying land from Sahakorn thing totally legit/normal and as usual, the dumbazz falang is sticking his long nose into things he should not even be curious about as this is "how it's done here"?

-Confused falang in the jungle-

Asked my wife about Sahakorn. she instantly said, she knows and is with it .

All is split in sections of departments, like ministry of immigration, soldiers and so on.

Government is checking on all of them, if all goes right.

So evt. it is government. That is what I understood from her.

With those sections, you can save and even borrow money at better interests.

It is especially for officials, officers. Last year she had 5%, as they call it "dividend"

Of course the money has to be won somewhere, so guess they are investing and with that

help officers. Like having 25 rai of rubber trees and now selling.

Why they all split it in sections, to make it more controllable, no clue?

To get data to see which section is the best, more data?

It is said land can have chanote in a year, so now it is on a :

Nor Sor 3 Gor

A land 'awaiting' a full title deed is granted the document Nor Sor 3 Kor.

The land is measured by the Land Department; therefore, it has its exact boundaries.

This type of land may be sold, transferred, leased, usufruct, or mortgaged in the same manner as land with a freehold title deed (Chanote).

In order to change the title to a Chanote, the owner of the land may file a petition to the Land Department to file a request to change it to a full title deed (Chanote), and the Land Department may do so if there is no opposition made against the petition

Buying from those government sections, should be quite trustworthy, you could think.

And of course with land office there must be on the landregister, this title.

It MUST have been registered, it is Thai law.

• Like 1