Phuket Overstay Crackdown Nets Seven Foreign Nationals

webfact

2 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

Interesting stat. I have not heard this before, I assume that number includes all those that overstay for a couple of days before they leave? I am sure that would make a significant proportion of that total

I just researched it, the total number of overstayers in any one year is estimated to in the range of 10,000 to 20,000 or more, but this number can fluctuate based on various factors such as changes in visa policies and global travel trends.

Where did you get the 100k number?

Reporting in Thailand is often far from being accurate and many institutions like TAT give figures they want to believe which get printed as factual. Unless you had a reliable connection to the person who has the correct information then its often guess work. If you counted all the illegals here which included foreign workers I am quite sure there would be 100,000 in any given year. One would think immigration would have overstayer numbers at their finger tips given it must be computorised!

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

It would be interesting to know how they caught them, also where the long overstayer got their money from to stay here for nearly 4 yrs.

He might be wealthy I’ve been here 19 years and never worked difference is I ensure that my visa is up to date 

27 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

There are no excuses for overstaying with all the new visa options and the assistance available to resolve overstays from agents

Except in case there is no money left anymore to pay for these options and the assistance. I guess some of these overstayers live day by day. 

Edited by msbkk

57 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

He might be wealthy I’ve been here 19 years and never worked difference is I ensure that my visa is up to date 

Oh yes he must be one of the rich Pakistanis who has been here 4 yrs yet never renewed his visa, I've never worked here either been here 21 yrs and I also keep my Extension up to date. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Average_Punani_Enjoyer said:

Many thanks to the Thai police for doing a great job and keeping the kingdom safe and clean. In my home country in Europe, illegal migrants can roam the streets for years without deportation.

Does anyone know where I can contact immigration to report overstayers? 😜

Thai 1178, UK 999 or  USA 911 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Polaky said:

Each of these individuals is now facing charges, illustrating the serious stance Phuket authorities are taking against visa violations.

Serious right 😅, they haven't started on the thousands of Russian's,  pat on the back for seven individuals seems rather zealous, guess it is better than getting mud for sitting behind a desk.

if you are a overstayer I thought  a island is the worse place to hide.A visit ok  but stay a long time to overstay not really.But they catch you everywhere have you seen the BMW.s driving round.They have a few in cnx I have seen them parked up at immgration

6 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Why is it so hard for Thailand?

Because, they're corrupt, incompetent and lazy.

Oh yes and did I mention at grass roots level to the top they're corrupt? 😂

(The brown envelope manufacturer in Thailand must have a really good income)!

11 hours ago, brianthainess said:

It would be interesting to know how they caught them, also where the long overstayer got their money from to stay here for nearly 4 yrs.

I'm sure some of that information is being researched, but they might want to keep their investigation tactics secret, other than these people might have made it easy for anyone who is looking to find them. Could be that they were turned in by the locals. Maybe the Pakistani guy just did well in the suit business. If you think about it, anyone who comes here gets entered into the database, so just conducting a search there could turn up thousands. 

3 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

Because, they're corrupt, incompetent and lazy.

Oh yes and did I mention at grass roots level to the top they're corrupt? 😂

(The brown envelope manufacturer in Thailand must have a really good income)!

So there's no such corruption in your home country? No lazy or incompetent people in your home beaurocricy? The only difference in Thailand is that it's no secret and everyone knows how the brown envelope economy works. 

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Oh yes he must be one of the rich Pakistanis who has been here 4 yrs yet never renewed his visa, I've never worked here either been here 21 yrs and I also keep my Extension up to date. 

well done, you will get your reward in heaven

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Polaky said:

Each of these individuals is now facing charges, illustrating the serious stance Phuket authorities are taking against visa violations.

Serious right 😅, they haven't started on the thousands of Russian's,  pat on the back for seven individuals seems rather zealous, guess it is better than getting mud for sitting behind a desk.

The Russians will be getting their visa stamps at the brown envelope stationery store 

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Nigerians up to no good again. Just one post, just one, about an honest nigerian here, please

here's some "POTENTIAL" honest looking and respectable merchants

Selling their "wares"                                            Pharmaceutical Industry                                    Romance Industry

image.jpeg.9e90c36cea0afa356924660e2c96278f.jpeg image.jpeg.80b98de791f0e613889d37e8094d43b5.jpegimage.jpeg.af3b70f8726ddc22e3205227afe8236b.jpeg

• Like 1

Nigerians up to no good again. Just one post, just one, about an honest nigerian here, please

I thought they were all in the UK clogging up the jails & making a mockery out of the justice system, as if the British penal system needed any help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:14 AM, dddave said:

Immigration has a lot of undercover officers in tourist areas.  Easy to follow a suspicious person to their residence, then get info from the landlord.

lol why not stop that person on the street and ask for the passport? Wouldn’t that be easier? Half the farangs walking around look suspicious 😂

On 8/2/2024 at 1:10 PM, RichardColeman said:

A family of Nigerians that live a few houses away from mine in South East Pennsylvania.   Nice family, his kids play with my grandkids.  Has a job and earns his money.  His kids goes to the same Catholic school as my grandkids.   

I can't say the same about the Nigerians that made an international telephone call to my house phone one time, trying to scam me out of something.   Don't know what.  They just kept repeating, you owe us ............ (unintelligible word). 

26 minutes ago, schultzlivgthai said:

lol why not stop that person on the street and ask for the passport? Wouldn’t that be easier? Half the farangs walking around look suspicious 😂

I don't look suspicious!
Old!

Ugly!

Beyond help!
But not suspicious!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1