Help! Where Are The Best Cakes In Town?

tropo

Last year I searched around for some nice cakes and the best I came across were at Foodland - but they were pretty ordinary...just the best I could find at the time.

Can I do better?

Last year I searched around for some nice cakes and the best I came across were at Foodland - but they were pretty ordinary...just the best I could find at the time.

Can I do better?

The SP Bakery at the bottom of tukcom has some nice cakes in different sizes and flavors.

A favorite is their green tea.

not sure if you have swensens in pattaya, but their ice cream cakes are pretty yummy.

Yes, there are several Swensns here.

I've never tried an ice cream cake before, but I've been curious about them. What percentage ice cream are they?

Edited by tropo

i think they are all pretty much 100% pure unadulterated ice cream. you can get them take away and they pack them with dry ice so they will be hard as a rock still when you get home, and you can play with the dry ice in a bowl of water - kids love it.

Two places I use are either Pan Pan Italian Restaurant on Tappraya Road, Jomtien or Balcony Restaurant on North Pattaya Road. Really should order in advance as the cakes are works of art and need time for a special order but they do have quite a few freshly made on display, just need to get there before they start cutting them up and selling them by the slice. Pan Pan probably has the best choice in my opinion, for what it's worth.....

There is a small cake shop in Soi 17, the first part before you hit the turns to Hollywood and Yensabai.

They do sponge cakes with icing (frosting in American limited English) and fancy designs.

Small sizes as well as larger ones. Either order in advance or pick one from their cold, covered counter.

Not sure about heavy cakes like Christmas cakes. And the icing is a little soft, not the crunchy British type. But they're proper celebratory gakes.

If you want Western language writing - do it yourself on paper first.

Thai writing - no prob.

If you go through the covered market on the South side of Pattaya Tai and emerge past the fresh fish stalls on to Soi 17, then it is over the road, about 50 metres to the left.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and birthday wishes.

Humphrey_Bear - thanks for the map to the little cake shop on Soi 17. I bought a black forest cake there and really enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and birthday wishes.

Humphrey_Bear - thanks for the map to the little cake shop on Soi 17. I bought a black forest cake there and really enjoyed it.

Good - I used to pick up something to eat there quite often when I lived at the Walking Street end of Soi 17.

But the Schwarzenwald Torte from Vienna are just that little bit better :o

Lived on the Ring near Sacher's for a month or two. Never liked sweet eats (cakes, tarts and so on) before that. But did get addicted to that and the Marriott chocolate drinks