Anyone having a problem with Wise/Bangkok Bank?

On 8/6/2024 at 12:46 PM, Tom100 said:

Me too. Transfers take much longer.

Their BS explanation is attached.

wise.JPG

It happened to me recently... IIRC what I did was cancelling the transfer and then tried again later. The next time the transfer proceeded as normal.

This morning, about 7am, I initiated a transfer through Wise from my US bank to Bangkok Bank.  I received the usual email that money was on its way and should arrive around 2pm today.  At 2:02pm I received a text message from Bangkok bank that the money had been deposited to my account.

Just transferred some money last week. Unfortunately had to do it on a Friday because I needed the money on Monday. And as noted by Wise, the money arrived after 14:00 on Monday. No problems there. That is from UK to my Bangkok Bang account.

On 8/6/2024 at 7:55 AM, JohnOFphon said:

For the last 5 years I have been sending money here during the first week of the month. Wise gives me the date it will deposit and it always arrives just after 2pm. Every time. 

Yesterday..Monday...2 pm...no money...I checked with Wise..no problem. The web site shows a normal transfer. Same as before. All details the same.

I downloaded the receipt and went to Bkk bank. No help there. Told to check again on Wednesdays as it takes 3 days for transfers...BS...never before.

It is just me...or???

1.  Are you sending from a Wise balance, or is Wise first pulling from another bank?

2.  Over or under $1000?

3.  What purpose?  "Long stay" requiring TTY coding or "general living expenses" notes as interbank transfer?

Transfer on Monday. Arrival date of August 9th, BKK Bank. Happy to get an e mail, money arrived late today. Only Four days. I exchanged e mails with customer service regarding this and a previous transfer during this last week. Their response was 'this is the way it is', nothing more & no explanation of why now. I have been a satisfied customer for years and will stay with them for now. However, I will also look at other options more seriously than I have in the past.