Trump is getting torched in the polls

FriscoKid

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Kind of comes across as taking the piss.

Have you bothered to check the etymological British roots of this phrase?

This actually means to steal an other's urine.

I would never stoop to such tactics.

• Haha 1

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

Have you bothered to check the etymological British roots of this phrase?

This actually means to steal an other's urine.

I would never stoop to such tactics.

But you would stoop.

• Agree 1

Just now, Captain Monday said:

Hopefully. There will be a spasm of violence from MAGA, no matter what. Just how bad it gets will depend on the Orange man. He is responsible.  

He could throw a serious wobbler....... thinking this is his last chance........nothing to lose, especially if he thinks prison time is also in the offing.

Could turn quite nasty.......what a country!!!.....and how did they get in this mess?......one man's ego....thank God for democracy.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, FriscoKid said:

The Guardian nails it:

Odd. The supporters of Mr Trump and Mr Musk were adamant that no MSM were covering this event, commenting on this event or providing any analysis......all part of the deep state suppression we are exposed to.....even though it was free to listen to??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Nobody can deny your democratic right to vote Trump. Will you accept the election result if the outcome is not favorable to you. Trump has already said he only will accept the election outcome if he win. What’s your position. 

My position is only that I will vote for Trump, and that I will NOT care about the results of the election.

Whoever, whichever candidate, "wins" will be a major catastrophic disaster for the US and .... The World.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Few months ago Harris scored lower than Biden in the polls, and that says something.

So how is it possible that everyone like her now?

The saying goes "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line"

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I know.

Believe me, I know.

And, this is my point.

It's already too late to alter our collective path to 5 degrees C about baseline within, and before, 2080.

Positive Feedback loops are already kicking in; They will be unstoppable.

Therefore, it will be best for me, and best for you, too, just to follow Project 2025.

I will...

And...

Maybe it's time for you, too, to get on board, and get with the program!

Common sense dictates that if we do nothing about Climate Change, once 5 degrees is breeched, then we head to 6 degrees and above.

At 5 degrees, people in the Third World die in large numbers. Above 5 degrees, you and I are in danger.

So, following Project 2025's abandonment of the fight against Climate Change is literally insane.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FriscoKid said:

The Guardian nails it:

This is the part that was very telling about who they are and thier feeling about the working class

The two men exchanged praise repeatedly, with the Tesla (TSLA.O)

Trump congratulating Musk for his willingness to fire workers demanding better conditions.
"You're the greatest cutter," Trump said. "I mean, I look at what you do. You walk in, you just say: 'You want to quit?' They go on strike - I won't mention the name of the company - but they go on strike. And you say: 'That's okay, you're all gone.'"
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

At 5 degrees, people in the Third World die in large numbers. Above 5 degrees, you and I are in danger.

Actually, at just 2 degrees C above baseline, we are ALL in danger, and life is not sustainable.

This is my point.

We simply CANNOT avoid passing through 2 degrees, and reaching 3 degrees, before many of you have reached your expiration date.

Many of you will be alive to see 2.5 degrees C above baseline, and also, for the younger guys here, 3 degrees C above baseline.

But, even before this, the catastrophic changes in climate, together with heat induced famine, and much more, are likely to set off a nuclear exchange with Russia or Pakistan-India, or China.

We will be toast, soon enough.

This is why I am keeping calm about who the final "winner" will be in November.

IF there was one candidate for whom I had just a little bit of respect, then I would be more caring about not voting for Trump.

But, since I have a choice between Harris and Trump, then I will vote for Trump.

I will not vote for Harris, as I have already mentioned.

And, anyway, very soon, just like the rest of us, she will feel the heat.

And then, it will be too late.

Good.

Seems that back in the day when there was still time to act, nobody was reading Ehrlich's book, one of many written for thinking individuals.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Actually, at just 2 degrees C above baseline, we are ALL in danger, and life is not sustainable.

This is my point.

We simply CANNOT avoid passing through 2 degrees, and reaching 3 degrees, before many of you have reached your expiration date.

Many of you will be alive to see 2.5 degrees C above baseline, and also, for the younger guys here, 3 degrees C above baseline.

But, even before this, the catastrophic changes in climate, together with heat induced famine, and much more, are likely to set off a nuclear exchange with Russia or Pakistan-India, or China.

We will be toast, soon enough.

This is why I am keeping calm about who the final "winner" will be in November.

IF there was one candidate for whom I had just a little bit of respect, then I would be more caring about not voting for Trump.

But, since I have a choice between Harris and Trump, then I will vote for Trump.

I will not vote for Harris, as I have already mentioned.

And, anyway, very soon, just like the rest of us, she will feel the heat.

And then, it will be too late.

Good.

Seems that back in the day when there was still time to act, nobody was reading Ehrlich's book, one of many written for thinking individuals.

We will certainly mitigate some of the effects of Climate Change. Unless an idiot like Trump is elected.

Your position is that we're all going to die from Climate Change, so might as well vote for Trump, so we die more quickly.

Incredibly stupid position.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Sorry, when you wrote 45 has more brain power than an accomplished woman who has had to struggle all her life  against people exactly like you, I stopped reading. You haven't a clue how out of touch you are.

Unfortunately, it is most of the population of the US which is out of touch, at this time, just as it has been for many decades.

Most of the US population has been out of touch on every single important issue that is facing the USA.

Yes, my perspective is far different than that of most Americans.

For one thing, I am older and have a longer perspective on American history, through direct experience, than most.

Also, even more importantly, I am a genius compared to most Americans.

This is true.  Musk may be more of a genius than I, but Musk has 12 children and I have zero.  Therefore, I am the smarter genius.

There are just too many inconvenient truths that most Americans are not able to see, or acknowledge.

Why is this?

One reason is that these more reality-based perspectives are threatening to the American way of life.

Also, Americans are in denial.

And, as Festinger taught us, and showed us, and demonstrated:   Too much reality causes high stress, and most people must change their views in order to reconcile them in ways that they are not in opposition.

So, yes, you are right, and I am not "in touch" with the average American's perspective on life, which is continually becoming an ever-more brown perspective, as immigration speeds up.

America as I once knew it is completely gone.

Therefore, either Trump or Harris, and let the best of these women win.

But, I will never vote for Harris as I prefer Trump.  Trump is more refreshing.  And, Trump never lied to himself.  He always knew what he was doing.  Harris?  She lies to herself, even.

• Confused 2

The map of states is showing that Harris wins if the election were held today, on the basis of Wisconsin Michigan and Pennsylvania going Blue.

That's with Arizona and Nevada still TBD, we need more polls there. Georgia is one swing state that Trump might take. But, Trump is going to have to fight for North Carolina and Ohio.

What is never discussed here is the Democratic ground game, which may have one million volunteers as the Election nears. That is going to be worth some points in the swing states.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The map of states is showing that Harris wins if the election were held today, on the basis of Wisconsin Michigan and Pennsylvania going Blue.

That's with Arizona and Nevada still TBD, we need more polls there. Georgia is one swing state that Trump might take. But, Trump is going to have to fight for North Carolina and Ohio.

What is never discussed here is the Democratic ground game, which may have one million volunteers as the Election nears. That is going to be worth some points in the swing states.

Vance comes from Ohio. He's going to help the losing team lose Ohio as well.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Unfortunately, it is most of the population of the US which is out of touch, at this time, just as it has been for many decades.

Most of the US population has been out of touch on every single important issue that is facing the USA.

Yes, my perspective is far different than that of most Americans.

For one thing, I am older and have a longer perspective on American history, through direct experience, than most.

Also, even more importantly, I am a genius compared to most Americans.

This is true.  Musk may be more of a genius than I, but Musk has 12 children and I have zero.  Therefore, I am the smarter genius.

There are just too many inconvenient truths that most Americans are not able to see, or acknowledge.

Why is this?

One reason is that these more reality-based perspectives are threatening to the American way of life.

Also, Americans are in denial.

And, as Festinger taught us, and showed us, and demonstrated:   Too much reality causes high stress, and most people must change their views in order to reconcile them in ways that they are not in opposition.

So, yes, you are right, and I am not "in touch" with the average American's perspective on life, which is continually becoming an ever-more brown perspective, as immigration speeds up.

America as I once knew it is completely gone.

Therefore, either Trump or Harris, and let the best of these women win.

But, I will never vote for Harris as I prefer Trump.  Trump is more refreshing.  And, Trump never lied to himself.  He always knew what he was doing.  Harris?  She lies to herself, even.

So, you are happy to be on the losing side.....

Screenshot_20240814_080434_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1