Cost Of Vehicle Registration In Thailand

southbot

Hi. I purchased a second hand Toyota Hi Lux 4WD a couple years back on finance.

We are down on Samui.

We have just been told by the finance company that the registration and government tax is due.

They tell me it is going to cost 14,000 Baht.

Last year it cost me 6,000 Baht.

The year before was when we purchased the car and paid no reg. or govt. tax.

I feel that I may be getting stitched up, being the white honkey trash that I am.

Does 14,000 Baht for registration and governement tax per annum on a car sound right?

Even 6,000 Baht seems very, very steep to me just for rego and govt. tax.

Opinions or Facts in reply are most welcome.

Cheers

After 6 years the price drops, the compulsory insurance is about 800bt and depending on cc and how many doors on your Toyota the government tax will be same as last year so if you paid 6000bt last year should be same.

After 6 years the price drops, the compulsory insurance is about 800bt and depending on cc and how many doors on your Toyota the government tax will be same as last year so if you paid 6000bt last year should be same.

Thanks for feedback / input.

I found out that the idiots at the finance company lost my papers, sent me the wrong sticker last year with the wrong plate number on it.

So they tried to cover up their own ineptness and idiocy to try to "save face".... by lying to me about stuff.

Now they admit that the fee is about 7,000 Baht, that they double charged me to try to cover their own mistakes. Well, I am white honkey trash and "they" all know that the big lump in my pants really IS my wallet. Nothing to do with being "glad to see ya" :o

Cheers

You have to explain what kind of Toyota Hi Lux, and what year. If it's a simple older Pick Up Truck (no 4 door) than is 6'ooo Baht to much, they are below 2000 Baht. If it's a 4 door, four wheel, fully loaded, etc., lets say 2004 or 05 model tha it should be arround 4 to 6'000 Baht (Private name registration). If the car still in finance, you have to pay double amount of tax, because all Company registered cars paying double amount. If you pay late, it's gonna cost 20% fine on the top of that, therefore the 14'000 Baht.