Class B Visa From Thai Consulate Penang

Just to provide one data point.

This past weekend, one of my clients (UK national) with a small start-up company headed down to Penang on a visa run. All company papers in order, and we provided him with format for company employment letter, indicating that he serves as Managing Director.

This individual already had a valid work permit - his last 90 day entry permit simply ran out before he could meet standards for long-term extension (not enough Thai employees) .

He submiiteed visa application on Monday morning - requesting one-year, multiple entry visa. He received the requested visa on Wednesday afternoon - routinely.

So - UK national with work permit can still - as of this week - get one-year multiple entry visa from Thai consulate in Penang - routinely.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Stringing together various information that has been posted about this topic, it would appear that the Thai consulate in Penang was not issuing multi-entry non-immigrant visas for a period sometime in June. This cease and desist order from Bangkok was apparently rescinded for what was rumoured to be financial reasons and all is now business-as-usual (which I believe Dr. PP predicted it would be before long in one of his posts.). :o

Is it possible to get a 90 day Non-Imm "O" visa from Penang.

I screwed up my Thai wife visa by forgetting to go to Suan Plu and get a re-entry permit before I went to the UK a month ago.

When I came back through Don Muang last month the would only give me 30 days and I went to Suan Plu on Tuesday and they (gently) that i had to start again.

I went to Poipet today to get another 30 days to give me time to start again.

Which would be the best (and nearest) country to go to?