New Raid on Andrew Tate’s Residence Allegations Involving Minors

Social Media

image.png.0efeb45c67f29692a8df5898a1d04f5a.png

Controversial influencer Andrew Tate has been remanded in custody as part of an investigation into new allegations against him. Romanian police have conducted another raid on the residence of Andrew Tate,  who is currently facing serious charges, including human trafficking, rape, and forming a criminal gang to sexually exploit women. The raid took place on Wednesday morning at the home Tate shares with his brother, Tristan Tate, in Romania. Both brothers have been under intense scrutiny as they await trial for these allegations.

Romania Andrew Tate

A dozen masked officers descended upon the property, marking another significant moment in the ongoing investigation led by Romania’s anti-organized crime agency, DIICOT. The agency confirmed that four homes in the counties of Bucharest and Ilfov were being searched in connection with a broad investigation that includes allegations of human trafficking, trafficking of minors, sexual intercourse with a minor, influencing statements, and money laundering. The presence of police and forensic teams at the Tate residence underscores the seriousness with which Romanian authorities are pursuing these charges.

Romania Andrew Tate

Mateea Petrescu, a spokesperson for Andrew Tate, responded to the raids by acknowledging that the charges listed in the search warrant were not fully clarified at the time but included suspicions of human trafficking and money laundering. Petrescu emphasized that the legal team representing the Tates was present during the raids, although notably, there was no direct addressal of the allegations involving minors.

Romania Andrew Tate

As the investigation continues, the Romanian authorities have reiterated the importance of the legal process and the rights of those under investigation. DIICOT stated, “During the entire criminal process, the investigated persons benefit from the procedural rights and guarantees provided by the Code of Criminal Procedure, as well as the presumption of innocence.” This statement highlights that, despite the severity of the allegations, the legal system in Romania ensures that the accused are afforded their legal rights and protections.

Romania Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate, 37, and his brother Tristan, 36, are both former kickboxers and hold dual British-U.S. citizenship. They have gained massive followings on social media, amassing millions of followers worldwide. However, their online presence has been marred by controversy, particularly Andrew Tate’s expression of misogynistic views. The brothers were arrested in 2022 near Bucharest, alongside two Romanian women, and were formally indicted by Romanian prosecutors last year. They have consistently denied all allegations.

The legal process has been lengthy, with the Bucharest Tribunal ruling in April that the prosecutors’ case file against the Tates met the necessary legal criteria, thereby allowing a trial to proceed. However, the court did not set a specific date for the trial to begin. The delay was partly due to the preliminary chamber stages, where defendants have the opportunity to challenge the evidence and the case file presented by the prosecutors.

Following their arrest in 2022, the Tate brothers were initially held in police detention for three months before being placed under house arrest. Their movements were further restricted to the Bucharest and Ilfov counties, and later to all of Romania. Last month, a court decision that had allowed the Tates to leave Romania was overturned. Previously, on July 5, the court had ruled that the brothers could travel within the 27-member European Union as long as they remained within its borders. However, the more recent ruling is final, and they must stay in Romania as they await trial.

Andrew Tate has consistently maintained his innocence, claiming that there is no evidence against him and alleging that the charges are part of a broader political conspiracy aimed at silencing him. Despite his legal troubles, Tate continues to wield significant influence online, with 9.9 million followers on the social media platform X (formerly known as Twitter). His notoriety online is linked to his outspoken and often controversial views, which have previously led to bans from various social media platforms due to his misogynistic remarks and hate speech.

In addition to the ongoing Romanian case, the Tate brothers are also facing legal challenges in the United Kingdom. In March, they appeared at the Bucharest Court of Appeal following British authorities’ issuance of arrest warrants related to allegations of sexual aggression in a U.K. case dating back to 2012-2015. The appeals court in Romania granted the British request to extradite the Tates, but stipulated that the extradition would only occur after the legal proceedings in Romania have been concluded.

Credit: The Independent  2024-08-22

news-logo-btm.jpg

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

No surprise.

Tate has some controversial and often distasteful views. There are many who wish to see him sent to the gulag for expressing these views. These allegations will no doubt continue until he agrees to hold the "correct" opinions. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

So they are assumed innocent, until proven guilty in court?

That's they way it used to work, but that was discontinued as it was considered a "boomer" anachronism.  These days a simple accusation proves guilt incontrovertibly.  Courts and legal processes are superfluous. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You do make up some rubbish jonny, you really do.

He's not being charging with having bad thoughts or expressing bad things is he. He's being charged with rape, human trafficking, and forming a criminal gang to sexually exploit women. It's nothing to do with his views, it is everything to do with his actions. We will see what comes out at trial, until then why do you automatically defend him?

He is vile, nasty, a bully and coward. My opinion. What is yours?

I also dislike him. I think he is an idiot.

However he's already been locked up for several months and nothing was found. He was released. Now he is being raided again. 

Much as I dislike him, I think he is being hounded due to his outspoken and often unpalatable beliefs. 

Let's see what happens, last time it was nothing and I suspect it will be the same again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No surprise.

Tate has some controversial and often distasteful views. There are many who wish to see him sent to the gulag for expressing these views. These allegations will no doubt continue until he agrees to hold the "correct" opinions. 

Defending these ‘men’ accused of numerous sex crimes, people trafficking now allegations of trafficking minors and sex with minors.

Not a hill I’d want my reputation to die on.

But up to you if you feel these are guys you wish to defend

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I also dislike him. I think he is an idiot.

However he's already been locked up for several months and nothing was found. He was released. Now he is being raided again. 

Much as I dislike him, I think he is being hounded due to his outspoken and often unpalatable beliefs. 

Let's see what happens, last time it was nothing and I suspect it will be the same again. 

Incorrect.

He was locked up awaiting trial.

Now he’s under house arrest waiting trial.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Defending these ‘men’ accused of numerous sex crimes, people trafficking now allegations of trafficking minors and sex with minors.

Not a hill I’d want my reputation to die on.

But up to you if you feel these are guys you wish to defend

I'm not defending him. As I said I think he is a complete idiot.

I beleive in the presumption of innocence. If he did it I'll be happy to see him locked up, it just seems that they've spent an awful lot of time and effort going after him and still don't seem to be able to find anything of note.

I suspect he might be found guilty of something like money laundering. Anything to keep him quiet.