US Election Spam/Trolling - enough!

Stocky

You can add Mr Covid to the sub sub sub forum also :cheesy:

Just my opinion of course.  Although, if all the TH, RU, CH bashing & every freaking MVA wasn't posted ... there wouldn't be much left of the forum to read.

I come in on the 'new content page', and it is a quick read.  Can easily do 12 hours in less than 5 minutes.   Open the 3 or 5 that might interest me in another tab, then come back and read them.

But EVs, Solar, Food & Out and Abouts probably bore the hell out of other people.  It is what it is ...

Mango, pineapple, papaya

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, novacova said:

Perhaps a radio button to ignore certain threads and sub forums option be added to the site would help. 

+1 That's a good idea

I concur with the complaints made and note you now have multiple complaint threads. 

Personally, I can't believe you are allowing anyone to post 160 plus times - and in one case, 23 times in just over an hour - on a single topic. 

It's gone too far and is unhealthy for the forum. Worse? It's not even September yet.

Dear me, if you don't do anything the run up to high season is going to be a catastrophe for this Thai and ASEAN related forum. 

On 8/22/2024 at 1:36 PM, CharlieKo said:

indeed, There is no reason to visit the forum the way it is dominated by Trump Harris spam topics at the moment. 

It's wild. Any potential new members will wonder why they should sign up. 

At the very least, unlink the American political topics from the latest post feature. 

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I understand that the number of Harris/Trump topics in the Political forum might seem overwhelming to some. However, these discussions are contained within the appropriate Political forum, where they belong—and indeed, this is the reason why such a forum was created. With the upcoming elections, it's natural for interest in these topics to increase, and keeping them in one place helps ensure that the broader forum isn’t overwhelmed.

With over 100 different forums available on the site, there's a wide variety of topics to explore. If certain discussions aren't of interest, feel free to scroll past them and dive into content that better suits your preferences.

If you have topics you'd like to see discussed, we’d love to see you start your own threads and contribute to the community. Your input is always valuable and helps keep our forums diverse and engaging.

Thank you for your understanding and for being a part of our community.