Special Counsel Smith Urges Appeals Court to Reinstate Trump Documents Case

Social Media

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you can't get Trump the first time, try, try and try again, and again, and again..........................

Seems the US justice department thinks people are either too stupid to see what they are doing or thinks so many people hate Trump that they can get away with anything.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-brings-new-indictment-against-trump-election-subversion-case-2024-08-27/

Donald Trump faces revised US indictment in election subversion case

You approve of buying Judges , we are not discussing Thailand, it’s Corruption in a Democracy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Irish star said:

You approve of buying Judges , we are not discussing Thailand, it’s Corruption in a Democracy 

Oh, I agree but seems quite acceptable in SCOTUS Justice Thomas' case. I long ago had to face the reality that money has corrupted many, if not all, American society institutions of government, as well as business.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

It's a non story, the Supreme court ruled presidents have robust immunity, so Jack Smith had his papers graded and was told he failed, so he's doing a resit now, having exercised all the portions he thinks he got wrong the first time around.

However, this case would drag to 2025 at least, by which time Trump will be in the White House and will dismiss the case, as he has a legal right then. 

And immunity for it, thanks to the Supreme Court.

.....in jail.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

But I never said Smith tried to delay it???

But why does he file the indictment now out of all periods, when the hot election campaigns are under way?

Coincidence?

He's been waiting for the judges and SCOTUS to stop fannying about trying to confer total immunity on the 34 times felon.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

He's been waiting for the judges and SCOTUS to stop fannying about trying to confer total immunity on the 34 times felon.

He seems in an awful hurry to file that indictment.

I wonder why, lol.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

He seems in an awful hurry to file that indictment.

I wonder why, lol.

The SCOTUS only gave "robust immunity" under certain circumstances.
So, if he feels he has removed all the immunity obstacles from the four indictments and now can present to Judge Chutkan the documentation that she requested, (from both parties), when, in your opinion, should he have filed ?
What would you have done ?

In legal terms, one of Trumps major tactics has always been delay, delay, delay. Jack Smith wants to ensure that this case moves forward as expeditiously as possible, which seems perfectly reasonable.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Well since I would have been aware that this case will drag out to 2025 anyway, I would not have seen this as a big priority. And given that there were two presidential election campaigns under way I would have thought it fairer not to interfere in that process. However, that's just me, as a fair minded individual. I'm not a Jack Smith, trying to make a career out of pleasing my Democrat employers.

Smith knows very well this case will drag on til 2025. Why would he have to bring the indictment now? Surely only because it's a political maneuvre to make Trump look bad, make him look like a criminal again. But this tactic is like howling at the moon. Pointless.

Expeditiously? Everyone knows it will not be before 2025 that this case is decided. Assuming Trump doesn't throw it out when he's in the White House.

Short on facts, long on hyperbole.

• Like 1