Grace period for 90 Day reports??

I attempted to do my 90 Day report at Jomtien today (August 28). It was due on Friday, August 23. I was previously told there was a grace period but the lady at the counter wanted a 2000 baht fine for late reporting. Is the grace period no longer observed? I tried to file online on Friday but my report was rejected with no reason given.  Any ideas?  I know there's no way out of the fine but I need to know for future reference.

19 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I attempted to do my 90 Day report at Jomtien today (August 28). It was due on Friday, August 23. I was pAreviously told there was a grace period but the lady at the counter wanted a 2000 baht fine for late reporting. Is the grace period no longer observed? I tried to file online on Friday but my report was rejected with no reason given.  Any ideas?  I know there's no way out of the fine but I need to know for future reference.

unless they changed things applying in person you should have had a grace period until August 29th, apparently on line you have until seven days before the due date to apply,

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Online up to due date.

Changed some time ago.

image.png.79c8ad17cacfe074d87e32b8eeb7680a.png

There have been a few reports of people getting rejected for filing within the last seven days, just had a friend in Suphanburi  who got rejected last week for filing on the last day

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, flexomike said:

There have been a few reports of people getting rejected for filing within the last seven days, just had a friend in Suphanburi  who got rejected last week for filing on the last day

Should Saturday and Sunday even be included in the "grace period" since they are not open on those days?  This situation is infuriating, but my agent says to bring the documents to her son and he will do my 90-day reports.

1 minute ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Should Saturday and Sunday even be included in the "grace period" since they are not open on those days?

Yes they are.

In any event seems that you have paid the fine.

Next report consider mail option.

Which immigration office do you deal with. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes they are.

In any event seems that you have paid the fine.

Next report consider mail option.

Which immigration office do you deal with. 

I have not paid the fine. I had planned to return on the 29th but my girlfriend talked to my agent and she says her son can do the reports for no fee. Henceforth, I will file my reports early with the son, who knows how to get things done. I use the Jomtien Immigration office. My agent is also my landlady.

15 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Should Saturday and Sunday even be included in the "grace period" since they are not open on those days?  This situation is infuriating, but my agent says to bring the documents to her son and he will do my 90-day reports.

Good result. Do you want thread closed. 

Just now, Felton Jarvis said:

Up to you. Any advice is likely to be better than what I get at Immigration. A pack of thieves.

You should not have been threatened with fine.

Jomitien. No surprises there.

Thread closed