Will Android-OS work more seamlessly (filesharing) with Linux, Win-OS, Apple-OS desktops?

GammaGlobulin

Dear Friends,

If you feel this is just a dumb question, born out of my own Phone-Ignorance, then I am not prepared to argue the point.

However, here is my question:

A day ago, I connected a cable from an A55 Samsung to my Linux Desktop.

The Linux Desktop connection I used was a 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 port (USB Type-C)

The A55 port I used was just the single ....

image.png.be2a226cd9e914d865cce60a021ae78c.png

The reason I am asking is that, compared to what I am used to, in the past, using a NOTE4 with Win7, Win10....

Seems to be lightning fast.

Also, it just worked.....

There was no setting up of any extra settings, as I recall I needed to do on Windows Desktop, in the past.

In the past, Android Marshmallow was a real chore, just to get files to share quickly.

And often, it was a complete NO GO, in fact.

This is the first time I have used Android OS to do filesharing between LINUX, Leap 15.6.

And, as soon as the Linux Desktop was connected to the A55, the difference was incredible.

So, do you think that using a Linux desktop truly is far easier and faster with Android 14, than using Windows-10 with Android 14?

And, if so, why?

Sorry for this dumb question, if it be one.

But, I am really curious to know if Android actually works far better with a Linux desktop compared to a Windows or Apple desktop.

Thank you for your forbearance....and tolerance, not to mention that forbearance and tolerance mean the same thing, with only slightly different connotation in certain circumstances, and so I wanted to say it twice, this time.

Regards,

Gamma

Just a note about one method if one is on KDE:

image.png.dd35f40b087b96358b5342456096b4a2.png

image.png.9790a2d2a0704182d10cd019c432c551.png

https://kdeconnect.kde.org/

But the question still remains...

Is KDE Linux more suitable for file sharing between desktop and Android phones?

Or, is it Windows OS or Apple OS.

Android 14 seems to work extremely well.

As Android is a Linux based operating system, one would say Android OS and Linux all over will be more compatible with each other. However, when it comes to file sharing regarding all well know and popular file formats, it´s a very easy thing between the biggest and most popular operating systems like Windows, Linux and MacOS. In that case it can sometimes be difficult between MacOS and other OS´s as some file converters might be needed to read the files. That might also in some rare file format types be the case regarding file sharing between all different OS´s.

As Android is based on Linux, that will also make it more stable and also easier to connect between devices such as Android and Linux.

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

As Android is a Linux based operating system, one would say Android OS and Linux all over will be more compatible with each other. However, when it comes to file sharing regarding all well know and popular file formats, it´s a very easy thing between the biggest and most popular operating systems like Windows, Linux and MacOS. In that case it can sometimes be difficult between MacOS and other OS´s as some file converters might be needed to read the files. That might also in some rare file format types be the case regarding file sharing between all different OS´s.

As Android is based on Linux, that will also make it more stable and also easier to connect between devices such as Android and Linux.

I completely agree.

And....I have actually noticed a major difference, and a very welcome one...too...since...

Removing Windows....

And going LINUX.....FULL BORE....with no exceptions.

Actually, it's quite amazing and flabbergasting to me....and...

I love it.

I LOVE LINUX, totally, is all that I am saying here.