Soundsticks repair: Where?

ricklev

Anyone know where I can get the satellite speakers repaired on Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3.  I once had it done on a different set at Amorn in Chinatown, but they no longer can.   

Edited by ricklev

Your best bet in Bangkok is to haul it over to Ban Mo electronics market near Chinatown. There's blocks and blocks of guys repairing electronic and audio stuff.

On this map, the Ban Mo Center would be a good start, but all over north of that is great.

BanMo.jpg.642186cc6485c93d2f18a25690c1537a.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ricklev said:

Anyone know where I can get the satellite speakers repaired on Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3.  I once had it done on a different set at Amorn in Chinatown, but they no longer can.   

At your home:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions and links.  I still hope to find a recommendation for a shop but I might give it doing it myself a try.  The soundsticks are open now anyway as the glue has failed.  Great sound, looks cool, but so damn poorly made!

1 minute ago, ricklev said:

Thanks for the suggestions and links.  I still hope to find a recommendation for a shop but I might give it doing it myself a try.  The soundsticks are open now anyway as the glue has failed.  Great sound, looks cool, but so damn poorly made!

If they are already open and it's just the drivers, then do it yourself. If you need capacitors replaced, then of course you can get someone to do that for you. 

Either way, order the items yourself if you need replacement speaker units. The repairer will just charge more for the same thing and they might not have them in stock anyway. 

• Thanks 1