Trump plays another losing hand......

xylophone

1 minute ago, luckymitchell said:

Why do you always come out with the 'troll' crap when some just disagrees with you. 

Standard response for someone out of their depth. 

Shares go up and down. If Trump invested lets say 100m (i dont know the real figure) and the shares are worth $2bn how is that a loss? It would be a gain of $1.9bn. Not bad.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Standard response for someone out of their depth. 

Shares go up and down. If Trump invested lets say 100m (i dont know the real figure) and the shares are worth $2bn how is that a loss? It would be a gain of $1.9bn. Not bad.

Trump has 80 million shares. Now worth around $1.3 billion, but he can't sell them. By the time he can sell them they will be worth nothing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

DJT shares have only one asset, Truth Social. The real number of users is difficult to ascertain, Trump inflates them like he inflates apartment sizes.

Truth Social has to grow , to get more advertising income. It's difficult to grow when a platform is posting hate speech. It repels advertisers, as Musk is finding out with X.

Reporting revenue of $800,000 and expenses of $16 million does not look like a viable business, to anyone with a bit of sense.

Truth Social reportedly has about half a million daily users. Twitter has 217 million, more than 400 times as many.

The market cap of Twitter is $40 billion. Truth Social is "valued" at $4 billion. On those numbers compared with Twitter, utter BS.

IMO Trump has a new group of suckers and losers, DJT investors.

economy.png

Twitter has been around a long time. Most tech stocks struggle in the first 5 years.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Of course he did.....$65 a throw....555

Being the Grand Panjandrum of posting on ASEAN, no doubt he will write it off as a tax loss.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Of course he did.....$65 a throw....555

Gee your sad comedy routines need work. Living in Isaan with no money attacking Trump with $2bn in stock. The joke is on you. His life is 100x better.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:50 PM, DougieMax said:

You would think by now that the anti-Trumpers would have learned that he is all but immune to attacks from all corners non-stop including an assassin's bullet. I've never been able to understand the left's hero worship of career politicians who manage to become obscenely wealthy without ever working a real job in the private sector. To the contrary, Trump has experienced the loss of billions and is willing to continue to lose more. That's a funny way to act purely in one's own self interest as the left would have us believe. Bear in mind, Barron Trump is in the wings watching all of this unfold and he is reputed to be the brightest in the entire Trump clan.

What do you mean by "Trump has experienced the loss of billions and is willing to continue to lose more." What means does he have to stop the loss?

Keep in mind that the tax cuts Trump had passed during his first adminstration were especially friendly to pass-through corporations and real estate interests. It just happens that most of Trump's businesses are structures as pass- through corporations and real estate is where most of his wealth lies. Where was the sacrifice in that?

• Like 2

On 9/8/2024 at 3:52 PM, maesariang said:

Price to book value is 10x so the assets are only worth $1.70 per share. Seems his stake is doing ok. I'd love to own $2bn in shares.

One thing that drove down the price of shares was the issuance of more shares. While this was allowed by the original agreement, it wasn't necessary. It didn't have to happen.  Trump could have put a stop to it. And all those supporters of his might have shares that are worth somewhat more than they are now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, maesariang said:

Twitter has been around a long time. Most tech stocks struggle in the first 5 years.

Successful tech stocks have something different and better to offer. Truth Social isjust a pale imitation of Twitter. It's always been a meme stock.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What do you mean by "Trump has experienced the loss of billions and is willing to continue to lose more." What means does he have to stop the loss?

Keep in mind that the tax cuts Trump had passed during his first adminstration were especially friendly to pass-through corporations and real estate interests. It just happens that most of Trump's businesses are structures as pass- through corporations and real estate is where most of his wealth lies. Where was the sacrifice in that?

My apologies. I'm too old to continue to have patience addressing feigned lack of knowledge or shallow attempts at gotcha questions.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

My apologies. I'm too old to continue to have patience addressing feigned lack of knowledge or shallow attempts at gotcha questions.

If there's any feigned lack of knowledge here, it's your refusal to engage with the fact that Trump changed the tax laws in a way to massively benefit himself.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One thing that drove down the price of shares was the issuance of more shares. While this was allowed by the original agreement, it wasn't necessary. It didn't have to happen.  Trump could have put a stop to it. And all those supporters of his might have shares that are worth somewhat more than they are now.

Companies issue shares and options yearly. I'm amazed it is $17. Should be far less.

Just now, maesariang said:

Companies issue shares and options yearly. I'm amazed it is $17. Should be far less.

They choose to issue them. And the more shares and options  that are issued, that lowers the value of what each share otherwise would have been. And while it's usually successful companies that do this, for a failing enterprise like Trump Media to have done it obviously stinks.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:50 PM, DougieMax said:

Bear in mind, Barron Trump is in the wings watching all of this unfold and he is reputed to be the brightest in the entire Trump clan.

That wouldn't be too hard...................

image.png.f8e378959f38e938f9e80cff43d2b224.png

• Like 1