Do You Believe: Next year, and the next, will be HOTTER than 2024?

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I had to look that up, and I would be discounting it.

Think about it. Copernicus, Galileo and Newton had none of the sophisticated tools we have to measure attributes. They developed their concepts with sheer intellect.

Hipparchus developed latitude and longitude before Christ was born.

I should bloody well think we should be getting.smarter. We don't seem to be able to do it in politics.

Don't discount it.

The Flynn Effect is a Valid OBSERVATION.

If you wish to repeat the testing...yourself....

Be my guest.

This is an OBSERVATION, and NOT a conclusion.

There IS a difference, you know....

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I had to look that up, and I would be discounting it.

Think about it. Copernicus, Galileo and Newton had none of the sophisticated tools we have to measure attributes. They developed their concepts with sheer intellect.

Hipparchus developed latitude and longitude before Christ was born.

I should bloody well think we should be getting.smarter. We don't seem to be able to do it in politics.

Could a reverse Flynn Effect explain MAGA (& equivalent in other countries)?

53 minutes ago, MarkBR said:

Haha...

Re Science and Global Warming Science...

You seem to be a LOT smarter than the Average Bear....on TV.

(NO...when I use the term BEAR....I do not mean the BEAR that some of those on this forum might immediately think of.  Shame on them!)

On 9/9/2024 at 6:31 AM, fredwiggy said:

If it wasn't so cold so long, and I didn't have family in Texas, I'd move to Canada.

what  ?

its 6 degrees here in southern ontario this morning. will be a high of 28 on friday though :)

18 minutes ago, stoner said:

what  ?

its 6 degrees here in southern ontario this morning. will be a high of 28 on friday though 🙂

What ?

Last night, here in CM, it was 16 degrees C in my bedroom.

Will be a high of 16....Every Day....IMHO....in my bedroom....now that I have my NEW...

SuperDuper 24000BTU Premium AC working....OVERTIME.....

Some Like it HOT.

But, I like it FRIGID.

Frigid Girls....are my passion, by the way, but this is a different Topic, altogether....

12 minutes ago, stoner said:

feel the heat ....burning you up...ready or not...

Wow.

These guys stole this music from Madonna.

I am sure you know which of Madonna's songs I am referring to...

NOTE4:  By the way....  When will you be returning to Thailand.  You seem rather lonely over there in Canada.....

Canada is a very lonely country....IMHO....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wow.

These guys stole this music from Madonna.

I am sure you know which of Madonna's songs I am referring to...

phoenix gold amp. alpine deck. 2x10 inch kenwood woofers. kenwood mids and tweeters...... wow indeed. some of the most incredible base i have ever experienced. 

22 minutes ago, stoner said:

phoenix gold amp. alpine deck. 2x10 inch kenwood woofers. kenwood mids and tweeters...... wow indeed. some of the most incredible base i have ever experienced. 

Frigid

For sure....

40 minutes ago, stoner said:

some of the most incredible base i have ever experienced. 

You did not answer my question, Sir.

I asked you why you do not IMMEDIATELY return to this paradise, Thailand?

You did not reply.

What  ?

Do you have a fear of flying?

image.png.a0547a22581324abadd12f6317e578db.png

McGill RULES.....!

All other Canadian schools are SUB-standard....

27 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Do you have a fear of flying?

maybe its all the change in climates but i have become numb as i get older.......

not at all. been flying my whole life. mom and dad are from glasgow so we went over there and to europe many times. 

i am here to relax and see my parents. look after them a little. i am the youngest in the family and my sister passed 2 years ago. i had not seen my parents since that time. you can fill in the rest. 

they are both 81 and needed some help. low season and a strong wife allows me to be here as long as i need. 

lonely yes. however there will never be another time when i can make fun of sleepy joe as much as i do. he refuses to give up. got shipped off in an ambulance last week for being a dummy....like father like son. 

1 hour ago, stoner said:

maybe its all the change in climates but i have become numb as i get older.......

not at all. been flying my whole life. mom and dad are from glasgow so we went over there and to europe many times. 

i am here to relax and see my parents. look after them a little. i am the youngest in the family and my sister passed 2 years ago. i had not seen my parents since that time. you can fill in the rest. 

they are both 81 and needed some help. low season and a strong wife allows me to be here as long as i need. 

lonely yes. however there will never be another time when i can make fun of sleepy joe as much as i do. he refuses to give up. got shipped off in an ambulance last week for being a dummy....like father like son. 

One of the nicest posts I have read here, or anywhere,.....in fact....

44 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

One of the nicest posts I have read here, or anywhere,.....in fact....

thanks for the love.....fitting for the thread me thinks...after tonight things will never be the same. just like last time. 

On 9/10/2024 at 1:52 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Please brush up on your Physics before you cry rubbish.

If you take a gas with known humidity, and then heat it, the relative humidity will quickly drop....by a LOT when the air temp outside is 50 below zero.

When is the last time you had a uni Physics course?

I don't need a physics course to know that my dehumidifier does not warm the room. I need a heater to do that.

Try real life and not university theories.

No uni educated nurse I worked with was worth their pay till they'd had a year of real nursing in a hospital. That's why the UK would not take an NZ uni educated nurse till they have had a year of practical post grad. They had to be trained to take a BP properly, after 3 years of education.

16 hours ago, stoner said:

I once had the opportunity to buy a pair of Pioneer HPM speakers cheap in 1978 and I passed it up- what a muggins I was. Best speakers I ever heard

Not my worst error. I was in Singapore in the 70s and had the opportunity to go on a second trip to Thailand or buy a pair of speakers for same price. I chose the speakers- BIG mistake. Still have them, but sitting in storage since 1992, along with the top of the range Pioneer amp in 1972. I had a Thorens turntable, but it was too big so traded it for a Pioneer. One of these days I'm going to rent a house so I can set it up and listen to my vinyl collection, just because.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I once had the opportunity to buy a pair of Pioneer HPM speakers cheap in 1978 and I passed it up- what a muggins I was. Best speakers I ever heard

Not my worst error. I was in Singapore in the 70s and had the opportunity to go on a second trip to Thailand or buy a pair of speakers for same price. I chose the speakers- BIG mistake. Still have them, but sitting in storage since 1992, along with the top of the range Pioneer amp in 1972. I had a Thorens turntable, but it was too big so traded it for a Pioneer. One of these days I'm going to rent a house so I can set it up and listen to my vinyl collection, just because.

They probably cost the same as the entire Thai holiday.

On 9/10/2024 at 9:43 PM, MarkBR said:

MAGA is completely unimportant.

What most people, seemingly, do not realize is that, indeed, as I stated...

a. The years following 2024 will continue to get hotter.

b. AND, the continuous temperature rise will continue to SPEED UP...  Repeat...Speed Up!

c. We will hit 2 degrees C above baseline within 20 years.

d.  We will probably hit 3 degrees C above baseline very soon afterwards...which will be...total disaster for everyone here.

So, a very nice presentation, for the LAY Audience, can be watched on this TED Talk....if anyone cares...which I doubt....

Still, as it stands today, most people seem to care more about....NON-ISSUES.....and will...until...

They wake up...finally....TOO LATE.

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2024 at 4:43 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't need a physics course to know that my dehumidifier does not warm the room.

The dehumidifier is plugged into the wall outlet.

The energy from the outlet powers a motor which operates a compressor which runs the dehumidifier.

The energy from the outlet produces heat since the motor is not 100 percent efficient.

The heat produced causes the temperature in your room to rise.

Maybe, you should have taken a Physics course, after all....

\

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The dehumidifier is plugged into the wall outlet.

The energy from the outlet powers a motor which operates a compressor which runs the dehumidifier.

The energy from the outlet produces heat since the motor is not 100 percent efficient.

The heat produced causes the temperature in your room to rise.

Maybe, you should have taken a Physics course, after all....

\

You really think I can't put my hand on the air exit of the dehumidifier and tell if it's hot, or not?

It's always a mistake to pretend you know the reality of a situation when you are not actually there.

Maybe, you should have taken a logic course.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You really think I can't put my hand on the air exit of the dehumidifier and tell if it's hot, or not?

It's always a mistake to pretend you know the reality of a situation when you are not actually there.

Maybe, you should have taken a logic course.

So then....

You now agree that the dehumidifier will heat up a room, when operating?