Norwegian Expat Injured by Automatic Door in Bangkok, Seeks Compensation

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Two weeks in an ICU unit would indicate either a serious injury or the hospital padding the bill.

Fractured hips in the elderly are serious, and are often life ending injuries.  Aside from the  risk of blood clots and their damage, these injuries are slow to heal and often  result in sepsis. Even when healed an estimated  1/2 of all elderly patients  lose their mobility.   It is why slips and falls are so devastating  in the elderly. 2 weeks in an ICU, is not unusual if the injury brought on complications.  I feel for the gentleman. A stay in a Thai hospital for that type of injury isn't going to be easy either, especially if he is in a lot of pain.

Just now, spidermike007 said:

At the risk of sounding cold-hearted and unsympathetic, I am wondering how does one get injured by an automatic door? Was he standing in the path of the door checking his phone?

What exactly happened here? This is the first time in my life I've heard of such an injury. 

Automatic doors are supposed to have a reverse/release mechanism if they encounter resistance. If the mechanism was not working or defective, he could have been trapped between the door and a fixed surface. Although elderly people can and do have brittle bones, anyone can see a bone break if it is leveraged in the right way. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Do you think they also put an 'edge' on them?....555

Some dumb bimbo was watching her not-so-smartphone and blocked people to enter the train. So thai woman behind was hit by those doors on leg and skinny but.

My guess Jim Morrison won't approve this stunt. 

• Haha 1