Sticker for disabled drivers.

watchcat

11 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Are we supposed to guess where "locally" is?

There is no official system in place for 'disabled parking'... 

One would have thought that a driver could take a Doctors letter to the DLT and obtain a 'disabled parking badge' to display - but no such sticker / badge exists - which pretty much tells us all we need to know regarding how the rights of the less abled are considered here. 

Thus: IF you just want a sticker or badge - download or purchase one off the net. 

There is no 'resource' for obtaining one locally. 

--------

Disabled parking seems to be applied on a very hit n miss basis.. 

We see an older car in a disabled parking space and thing, valid use. 

Just a couple of days ago I saw a Bentley Flying Spur (Number plate 9999 I think) parked across two disabled spaces (yes thats right one large disabled space was not enough, the driver straddled two spaces)... Now, maybe the driver (or passenger) was genuinely disabled - there was is way to tell....  But I was sceptical. 

In short: what I see is the the disabled spaces being controlled by the parking attendant: usually there is a cone etc... IF you are disabled, you can ask them to move the cone, they may ask to see some sort of Dr's letter perhaps, or they may just decided to move the cone if they like you... 

Alternatively, (at a guess) they'll let you park in the disabled spot if you wave 100 baht at them etc or if you look hi-so enough that saying no to them may compromise your lowly position. 

To summarise: Get your own badge - and just see how you get along as trying to get anything official is no-goer.