Foreigner Steals Taxi While High on Cannabis, Crashes into Lamp Post

webfact

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure if he (the foreigner who stole and crashed the taxi) was in the vehicle already (as a passenger)...  OR, was passing by and saw the running taxi and decided to go for a joy ride....   

Could have been either, though I assumed the latter as the the quote below states 'saw the foreigner quickly get into the car and drive off'....

Should we address you as DR. Or Police Inspector General Richard or Dick I don’t know what you go by lol

3 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Show us your credentials Dr.Smith , I smoke 2x a week because I feel overwhelmed lol

Then scroll on past it if you struggle to read more than 2 lines.

1 minute ago, Irish star said:

All your babbling is annoying to scroll thru , Dr. Ganja lol

Again, scroll on past instead of through.

1 minute ago, Irish star said:

You weren’t addressed as God , Narcissistic or what , fond of yourself huh 

I know.. but your evident absence of sociophonetic grace and lack of punctuation reads otherwise !!!...     

9 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Please go take some puffs and drool away somewhere my god

And remember - I don't argue with idiots and have given you too much time already... 

Stick with the discussion or keep scrolling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Should we address you as DR. Or Police Inspector General Richard or Dick I don’t know what you go by lol

Don't address me as anything...  as you lack the intelligence to handle the discussion, simply scroll on past - thats not difficult, even for an idiot... 

And...  I don't argue with idiots so don't take that as an argument, only advice. 

But, I'll be ignoring any of your comments from here on in as not only are getting personal and attempting to turn this into a flame-fest, but you simply do not have anything of intelligence to bring to the discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Then scroll on past it if you struggle to read more than 2 lines.

Again, scroll on past instead of through.

I know.. but your evident absence of sociophonetic grace and lack of punctuation reads otherwise !!!...     

And remember - I don't argue with idiots and have given you too much time already... 

Stick with the discussion or keep scrolling.

Trolls always go for punctuation efforts , nothing to do all day in Issan , light one up and talk to yourself, don’t include us 

12 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Of course the taxi won't be insured. 😅🤣😂

I've been involved with two incidents (accidents) with taxi's...  Both of them while I was stationary (taxi hit me)... Neither taxi was insured... 

So you are very likely correct - In this case, I suspect the damages will be charged to the foreigner - this is going to cost him a pretty penny.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Don't address me as anything...  as you lack the intelligence to handle the discussion, simply scroll on past - thats not difficult, even for an idiot... 

And...  I don't argue with idiots so don't take that as an argument, only advice. 

But, I'll be ignoring any of your comments from here on in as not only are getting personal and attempting to turn this into a flame-fest, but you simply do not have anything of intelligence to bring to the discussion. 

It’s not personal lol I find you annoying and your on your own agenda to guide us with your un - factual data , show us your credentials or just babble like Trump 

I've been involved with two incidence (accidents) with taxi's...  Both of them while I was stationary (taxi hit me)... Neither taxi was insured... 

So you are very likely correct - In this case, I suspect the damages will be charged to the foreigner - this is going to cost him a pretty penny.

Quit standing and smoking in the middle of the road ffs 

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

It's definitely safer to drive stoned than drunk, if that's where you're getting at. Impaired driving isn't good no matter what you're on, but alcohol is definitely worse than anything else. Some people should not drive after anything. In fact, some shouldn't drive anyway, but that's another story.

With regards to levels of imparment... 

I'd place 1x 15mg Gummy on a par with about 5 pints - thats just how it impacts me. 

Others may be different. 

I took a hit on Bong last week and was completely smashed...  no way could drive, I couldn't get up off the couch. 

Some who have a better tolerance to weed are perhaps safer after joint than say 4 beers - but its all a fairly moot point IMO...  as both result in impairment and driving really should be a no-go.... 

7 hours ago, YaiJung said:

More anti-cannabis fear-mongering.  No way this was just weed.  People suck so much. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13568105/woman-dies-cannabis-induced-vomiting-heart-disorder.html

People suck when they get high and get behind a motor vehicle and threaten the lives of others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not so sure about that....   Driving while high is not something I'd be very keen to attempt... 

... Crossing the road is not something I want to do here while high !!!

In fact - in general, if I've taken some dope, I don't want to be out in public at all.

Not getting on the 'Pro or anti' marijuana bandwagon here because the arguements for and against in such circumstances rely on anecdote and opinions with are too slim on fact. 

In this example:

- Its perfectly feasible that this guy was high on Marijuana.

- Its perfectly feasible that this guy was drunk and high on Marijuana.

- Its perfectly feasible that other substances were involved.

We've no idea - but for those suggesting this could not have been 'only marijuana' seem to be presenting a very 'pro-marijuana' bias and some flawed thinking.

This could have simply been a very stupid guy, who got stupidly high, then though it a good idea to take the taxi and smashed it - there's not strong reason to suggest this could not have been the case. 

Making sense, yet again!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, connda said:

My thoughts exactly.

If they can say, "man stole taxi because he was high" then they can use that as the rationale to ban cannibis.
If they found that the "man was drunk and stole a taxi" well, they're never going to ban alcohol - ever.  But they could using the same rationale.

Until they can workout how to get funds from weed like they do alcohol in every country suddenly it's healthy and legit to consume as much as possible as long as their pockets keep filling up for their needy coffers

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Until they can workout how to get funds from weed like they do alcohol in every country suddenly it's healthy and legit to consume as much as possible as long as their pockets keep filling up for their needy coffers

They have already 'worked out how to get funds from weed'...     I thought it was fairly open knowledge that those in positions of decision making authority such as Anutin have very close ties (and partnerships) with many Marijuana projects (plantations) across the borders in Laos and Myanmar....    

...  I have very little doubt that the personal gain / profitability of Marijuana for those in decision making power was the primary factor in Thailands sudden onset of such a loose and deregulated approach by a government normally known for its authoritarian and strictly unwavering governance. 

13 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Not at all. Cannabis is being cited by the anti-cannabis crowd when the reality is that alcohol and methamphetine are to blame. Cannabis induces calm, not violent or other abnormal behaviour.

I don't actually know why there may be a 'anti-cannabis crowd'...   

I think the stuff is brilliant - it helps with sleep, pain and relaxation - whats not to like.

I don't like the smell and can find that quite pungent when someone is smoking nearby, but thats no worse than a cigarette - thats more down to a selfish, slobbish and inconsiderate nature of the individual than the 'cannabis' itself. 

I also agree that Alcohol and Methamphetamine cause issues in far greater numbers than cannabis.

BUT... this is not a binary issue....    as in, just because Alcohol and Meth are known for causing problems, it does not mean that by contrast cannabis / weed / Marijuana (or whatever we want to call it) does not cause issues.

Its very clear that the habitual consumption of cannabis and consumption in high concentrations can cause some serious issues.

As with everything, balance and healthy moderation is necessary.

Then there is the point about the widely perpetuated myth that Cannabis induces calm, and not violent or other abnormal behaviour....  

... This is again untrue... in moderate amounts sure, but the same can be said of many things, alcohol included - when considering 'moderate amounts'...  

However, comparing a moderate cannabis user with a violent alcoholic is an unfair comparison. 

Compare someone who has used cannabis in higher doses and we can start to see issues... 

(as I pointed out earlier) Higher dosages of Marijuana do have an impact:

- auditory or visual illusions, pseudo-hallucinations, and ataxia from selective impairment of polysynaptic reflexes (i.e. poor and delayed muscle movement).

In some cases, marijuana use can lead to acute psychosis and dissociative states such as depersonalisation and derealisation.

In much the same manner, alcohol has strong negative effects when taken in greater quantities. 

As such - this dichotomy between Alcohol vs Marijuana seems non-sensical... and the fact that alcohol is famed for causing issues does not negate the fact that marijuana also causes issues, especially when consumed in high amounts - i.e. amounts high enough to induce  psychosis and dissociative states such that one decides to drive a taxi !!!!!! 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't actually know why there may be a 'anti-cannabis crowd'...   

I think the stuff is brilliant - it helps with sleep, pain and relaxation - whats not to like.

I don't like the smell and can find that quite pungent when someone is smoking nearby, but thats no worse than a cigarette - thats more down to a selfish, slobbish and inconsiderate nature of the individual than the 'cannabis' itself. 

I also agree that Alcohol and Methamphetamine cause issues in far greater numbers than cannabis.

BUT... this is not a binary issue....    as in, just because Alcohol and Meth are known for causing problems, it does not mean that by contrast cannabis / weed / Marijuana (or whatever we want to call it) does not cause issues.

Its very clear that the habitual consumption of cannabis and consumption in high concentrations can cause some serious issues.

As with everything, balance and healthy moderation is necessary.

Then there is the point about the widely perpetuated myth that Cannabis induces calm, and not violent or other abnormal behaviour....  

... This is again untrue... in moderate amounts sure, but the same can be said of many things, alcohol included - when considering 'moderate amounts'...  

However, comparing a moderate cannabis user with a violent alcoholic is an unfair comparison. 

Compare someone who has used cannabis in higher doses and we can start to see issues... 

(as I pointed out earlier) Higher dosages of Marijuana do have an impact:

- auditory or visual illusions, pseudo-hallucinations, and ataxia from selective impairment of polysynaptic reflexes (i.e. poor and delayed muscle movement).

In some cases, marijuana use can lead to acute psychosis and dissociative states such as depersonalisation and derealisation.

In much the same manner, alcohol has strong negative effects when taken in greater quantities. 

As such - this dichotomy between Alcohol vs Marijuana seems non-sensical... and the fact that alcohol is famed for causing issues does not negate the fact that marijuana also causes issues, especially when consumed in high amounts - i.e. amounts high enough to induce  psychosis and dissociative states such that one decides to drive a taxi !!!!!! 

Kinda agree with most of that, although the fact remains. Some people should NOT partake in any substances which alter moods. Some people drink a little and get rowdy, yet some can drink a lot and just sit back and smile and laugh. Marijuana in large amounts does the same things to certain people. It just keeps them mellowed and calm. Some can get high using most anything and get out of control. I know many people, including some family, that have been smoking for many years and still are doing fine, and it doesn't interfere with their lives or careers. There are also some that should never touch anything that might compromise their thinking or moods, because they might have a mental illness just below the surface that would get antagonized by doing drugs or alcohol. This we see almost daily where people hurt or kill others under the influence.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, MarkBR said:

That is a definite symptom of alcohol, thinking they are still capable for driving.  If you know of valid evidence on the impairment of driving by cannabis consumption (low-strength to high-strength - there may be a difference) I would be grateful & interested to read these articles.

Alcohol is known to be highly deleterious, hence all the laws against drinking & driving.   I would suspect strongly that alcohol was involved.

PS I do not use cannnabis in any form.

he admitted he had smoked alot of cannabis ....  he didn't say he was drunk 

what does that tell you as reading in common sense   ?    a 4 yr old would know the answer. 

6 hours ago, radiochaser said:

It can make you sit there at the intersection watching the light turn red, green, red, green, until someone else finally drives up behind you and honks their horn.   
Then you drive off slowly.  

damn. this light has been red for 20 minutes 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

So since cannabis was effectively legalised here, exactly how many reports have we heard or read of incidents like this where cannabis was to blame,? I think we could actually count them on one hand, and that is after the best efforts of the entire media.

There has not been the breakdown in society that was predicted by those educated by "reefer madness" yet some are still desperately trying to convince us as to the negative effects.   Has the average number of road traffic accidents increased significantly as a result  ?  no it has not .   Have millions of people become addicted to "harder" drugs due to the "gateway " effect?   of course not 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Personally, I think its a great substance. I also think alcohol is great.

These gummies help me chill out, help with sleep etc...  they have plenty of effective purposes rather than the sole goal of getting smashed. 

As does alcohol, which can help with relaxation, a good beer, whisky, wine tastes great with dinner or after etc, again without the sole goal of getting smashed. 

Both clearly impair driving - there is no doubt about that and 100% proof of that exists. 

IT is the suggestion that someone who is high solely on Marijuana would not take a running taxi, drive it down the road 'could not happen' because Marijuana doesn't make people do that is plain stupid....   

... People do stupid things, they do stupid things while sober - just because someone is high, it doesn't stop them from doing stupid things - as seems to be the suggesting by some.

Take a gummie and leave us in peace