Arthroscopy

georgegeorgia

I had an arthroscopy about 20 years ago. It takes about a month to heal. The most important part of the surgery is the rehab afterwards,

You do not need an arthroscopy unless the pain is sufficient to prevent you from sleeping. As another poster has said, back off.

3 minutes ago, terryq said:

Before deciding on treatment OP needs to get a second opinion.

Suggest he go to a different gym and ask the owner there for a definitive answer.

Trust me he is frantically googling right now. 

• Haha 2

You first need an MRI to find out whats wrong...

i.e. Meniscus damage... 

Unless your knee is 'jamming' and extremely painful all the time then surgery is most likely unnecessary.

Healing time takes anywhere from a month upwards with a lot of dependant factors. 

For me, sport was painful 6 months later following a meniscus repair (trimmed back a complex tear) and the knee still isn't 100% (I don't think it ever will be), and now the other knee starts to hurt... (its the legacy of way too much sport throughout my life).

Nobody needs (and no reputable doctor will do) an arthroscopy, or any other intervention other than rest, for new onset mild knee pain in the wake of over-exertion.

Rest the knee, ice it, maybe take anti-inflammatory if you have no contraindications to it.

If the pain becomes chronic then some investigations might be worth considering. Not now.

• Agree 1