HOW TO: How to remove "Garbage DTAC Slogan) from my phone? (dtac:Better Together) NOT!

GammaGlobulin

Dear Folks,

I need to remove the GARBAGE SLOGAN:  "dtac.Better Together"

This shows on Lock Screen.

And, I hate this Garbage Slogan.

This slogan is just SO NOT TRUE.

Also, I do not wish to give dtac permission to gum up my phone with GARBAGE!

The utter EFFRONTERY  of these people....thinking that they can BOTH charge me for Dtac Phone service AND Gum Up my Phone!!!!!

What are they thinking?

I have tried calling DTAC....

But, these days, DTAC has recently begun using different service operators who are unable to speak English, unlike last year, when service at DTAC was quite good.

Need HELP!, please.

Thank you.

Gamma

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

I need to remove the GARBAGE SLOGAN:  "dtac.Better Together"

This shows on Lock Screen.

And, I hate this Garbage Slogan.

This slogan is just SO NOT TRUE.

Also, I do not wish to give dtac permission to gum up my phone with GARBAGE!

The utter EFFRONTERY  of these people....thinking that they can BOTH charge me for Dtac Phone service AND Gum Up my Phone!!!!!

What are they thinking?

I have tried calling DTAC....

But, these days, DTAC has recently begun using different service operators who are unable to speak English, unlike last year, when service at DTAC was quite good.

Need HELP!, please.

Thank you.

Gamma

You're joking ... right ?

I had to look at my phone, having DTAC.  You mean the scrolling thingy, top left ?

And that actually bothers you ?   Do you spend a lot of time staring at your locked phone with the display actually on.   

Why I never noticed it before ... thanks, now I'll be losing sleep :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

You're joking ... right ?

I had to look at my phone, having DTAC.  You mean the scrolling thingy, top left ?

And that actually bothers you ?   Do you spend a lot of time staring at your locked phone with the display actually on.   

Why I never noticed it before ... thanks, now I'll be losing sleep :cheesy:

Yes.

Top Left.

I LIKE the DTAC letters.

BUT, I DESPISE the Dumb Slogan.

I want it OFF.....NOW!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense.   They still have good English-speaking staff at their call centre, I have just been speaking to them.

Actually....

After asking to have a "supervisor" call me back...

YES.

I received a call from a lady who spoke quite good English, and was also knowledgeable, too.

And, a lady who solved this problem.

Perhaps the problem might be that there are many more operators now answering calls who OVERESTIMATE their Language Skills.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Actually....

After asking to have a "supervisor" call me back...

YES.

I received a call from a lady who spoke quite good English, and was also knowledgeable, too.

And, a lady who solved this problem.

Perhaps the problem might be that there are many more operators now answering calls who OVERESTIMATE their Language Skills.

Are you going to share or just babble on incessantly without purpose, as per usual? 😊 How to remove it, for equally obsessive people.

• Agree 1

UPDATE:  Temporary Fix until DTAC stops using this Garbage Slogan....

One, apparently, needs to download and install this APP from Samsung, and then do the required settings:

image.png.43d74811e3d9c9a05abd2a39e540adb6.png

The only problem with this is that one is required to have an extra app running just to get rid of a Dumb Slogan.

This makes ZERO sense.

And, is there an alternative option which will NOT require using this Good Lock App???

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Perhaps the problem may be you. I've never found any problem with the very helpful, informed, English-speaking call centre Thai staff in many years as a Dtac user as long as you select the English language option when calling or, if you cannot cope with that, learn to speak Thai.

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps the problem may be you. I've never found any problem with the very helpful, informed, English-speaking call centre Thai staff in many years as a Dtac user as long as you select the English language option when calling or, if you cannot cope with that, learn to speak Thai.

If the DTAC operators would just learn to speak fluent Chinese, then...

We might learn to get along....

• Sad 1