What Visa Do I Need To Stay In Thailand With A Baby.

Hi All,

I'm currently on a non immigrant o visa (multiple entry) which i vaild to march of next year, i've been in Thailand for some time now and have a girlfreind who is seven and months pregant with my child, my wish is to stay here and bring up my child with my own family (sorry i'm only 29 so this is big for me) as me and my girlfreind have been together for 18 months. I know a lot of people may think i'm worring about new visa so far away and as we all know the laws change all the time but i just want tp prepare myself for any expence so i can save and be ready for it. So my question is what visa would i be looking at and would i have to leave Thailand to obtain it? Somone said to me theres a Thai court who deal in dependency visa's, is this true? If it is true what would the prosses be?

Any help with my question would very appreciated and if it helps if from the UK.

Many kind regards.

Chris.

Hi All,

I'm currently on a non immigrant o visa (multiple entry) which i vaild to march of next year, i've been in Thailand for some time now and have a girlfreind who is seven and months pregant with my child, my wish is to stay here and bring up my child with my own family (sorry i'm only 29 so this is big for me) as me and my girlfreind have been together for 18 months. I know a lot of people may think i'm worring about new visa so far away and as we all know the laws change all the time but i just want tp prepare myself for any expence so i can save and be ready for it. So my question is what visa would i be looking at and would i have to leave Thailand to obtain it? Somone said to me theres a Thai court who deal in dependency visa's, is this true? If it is true what would the prosses be?

Any help with my question would very appreciated and if it helps if from the UK.

Many kind regards.

Chris.

Unless you are lawfully married Chris, there's no legal avenue that will enable you to stay in Thailand on an extended visa, and you are highly unlikely to get another multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa in the South East Asian region. You won't have access to any Thai Court to try to seek relief. Good luck.

Unless you are legally married Chris, there's no legal avenue to enable you to stay in Thailand on an extended visa, and you are highly unlikely to get another multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa in the South East Asian region. You won't have access to any Thai Court to try to seek relief. Good luck.

Hi dr_pat_pong,

So if i was to get married then leave south east asia to go back to the UK to get another visa would this work? I have money in the bank to prove i have the funds to support my new family(me my girlfreind/wife plus baby)? and if so would i just be looking at a renewel of my current visa?

Thanks.

Chris.

Unless you are legally married Chris, there's no legal avenue to enable you to stay in Thailand on an extended visa, and you are highly unlikely to get another multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa in the South East Asian region. You won't have access to any Thai Court to try to seek relief. Good luck.

Hi dr_pat_pong,

So if i was to get married then leave south east asia to go back to the UK to get another visa would this work? I have money in the bank to prove i have the funds to support my new family(me my girlfreind/wife plus baby)? and if so would i just be looking at a renewel of my current visa?

Thanks.

Chris.

If you are legally married you can extend the Non-Immigrant visa you presently hold, provided that you have a monthly income of 40,000 baht. Just having funds in a bank in Thailand will not enable an extension ( since October last year ).

Hi dr_pat_pong,

Thanks.

Chris.

If you are legally married you can extend the Non-Immigrant visa you presently hold, provided that you have a monthly income of 40,000 baht. Just having funds in a bank in Thailand will not enable an extension ( since October last year ).

Hi,

Sorry to pick your brains again, do you know how long you have to show this income into your account, ie 3 months? and also dose the money need to come into a Thai account or can it be a UK account?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards.

Chris.

Hi dr_pat_pong,

Thanks.

Chris.

Hi,

Sorry to pick your brains again, do you know how long you have to show this income into your account, ie 3 months? and also dose the money need to come into a Thai account or can it be a UK account?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards.

Chris.

It has to be income Chris and they will want to see some history for it.