Swift endorsement turns more voters from harris than it attracts…

riclag

3 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Nothing to do with Harris supporters or pop singers.
Its all about having a commodity that you want to sell and trying to entice people to buy into that product
by using what is perceived as popular at the time.
Wrestlers/Sports people, "celebrities", musicians (or Ted Nugent), Russian Government, film or tv stars are just some who are deemed as influencers.
Politics, Tobacco, Alcohol, Pillows, Signature Guitars (don't get me started), whitegoods, automobiles and bikes as an example.
The difference is when people lend their support because they really believe in what they are endorsing, or those who do it just for licensing revenue for example, vodka, steaks, energy drinks, fragrancies, lamps, eyeglasses, chocolate etc.

I don't think its a bad thing if someone can use their reach to encourage others to become politically aware.
Both sides have used this to try and lever an advantage. At the moment its Swift.
Politics is big business.
Trump appears butt hurt because he does not have an endorsement from someone who has as much visibility. If he did, you can bet your life he would use it to the max, brother !

And don't forget the sour grapes on this page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Nothing to do with Harris supporters or pop singers.
Its all about having a commodity that you want to sell and trying to entice people to buy into that product
by using what is perceived as popular at the time.
Wrestlers/Sports people, "celebrities", musicians (or Ted Nugent), Russian Government, film or tv stars are just some who are deemed as influencers.
Politics, Tobacco, Alcohol, Pillows, Signature Guitars (don't get me started), whitegoods, automobiles and bikes as an example.
The difference is when people lend their support because they really believe in what they are endorsing, or those who do it just for licensing revenue for example, vodka, steaks, energy drinks, fragrancies, lamps, eyeglasses, chocolate etc.

I don't think its a bad thing if someone can use their reach to encourage others to become politically aware.
Both sides have used this to try and lever an advantage. At the moment its Swift.
Politics is big business.
Trump appears butt hurt because he does not have an endorsement from someone who has as much visibility. If he did, you can bet your life he would use it to the max, brother !

It's not a bad thing for someone to use their reach to make others politically aware.

But Swift knows she has an army of braindead youth, who if she said "I'm putting a plastic bag over my head for 5 minutes hahaha" would proceed to asphyxiate themselves with plastic bags a la Jonestown, so she's not making them "aware", she is trying to influence them to vote Harris. All because she is rabidly pro-Abortion, for obvious reasons.

This is really reprehensible, with great power comes great responsibility and instead Swift is abusing her fame to obtain a poltiical goal. It actually should be illegal.

But anyway, the interesting thing is we think Swift has all this influence, but looks like US voters are waaaayy more sophisticated than we thought.

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I doubt anyone believes you.  If she had come out for Trump, you'd be singing her praise like she's the greatest since the Beatles and Elvis.  But hey, we'll never know.  But we do know Trump wanted her endorsement desperately because he gleefully accepted her fake AI endorsement. 

Not at all. Don't like her. She can't move.

15 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I'm very glad Trump is not endorsed by Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, it would be below anyone's dignity to win an election  with an endorsement from popsters.

You say "silly Tweet", I say better someone who says what he feels, is upfront about everything than a person who hides behind a script where you don't know what you get. This is why people love Trump, he says what he really feels, he's authentic. Not a puppet repeating scripted lines , "Ms Vice President why did you reverse your position on fracking" ..."Well, David, my values have not changed"...Ms Harris why did you adopt Trump's plan to remove tax on tips "David, my values have not changed" Ms Vice President would you like a coffee? "My values have not changed"...

Why do you imagine tremendously successful pop stars have little or no insight into politics and even if the do they should be denigrated for voicing their support for a candidate?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

But Swift knows she has an army of braindead youth, who if she said "I'm putting a plastic bag over my head for 5 minutes hahaha" would proceed to asphyxiate themselves with plastic bags a la Jonestown, so she's not making them "aware", 

Unsubstantiated opinion. C'mon, you are better than this garbage.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 7:44 AM, shdmn said:

all-she-did-was-endorse-kamala-and-encourage-those-over-18-v0-d44pwhzah0pd1 - Copy.jpg

Whats worse is they also want the fool Harris. I do not know what the parties were thinking by allowing either one of them the chance to be Prez. Both are fools. But Harris is by far more ditzy and does not know anything about politics or being a politician. 4 years in the White House only taught her how to hide Bidens age infirmities. It surely taught her nothing about making decisions and negotiating with other leaders. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

And yet it is Trump that is the sexual predator and out of control adulterer. And loser.

If Ms Carroll told the truth, and her friends told the truth, about an incident that supposedly happened over 30 years ago. 

Even then though, on a very mild scale. I mean this was not Mazan.

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Why do you imagine tremendously successful pop stars have little or no insight into politics and even if the do they should be denigrated for voicing their support for a candidate?

Have you read the lyrics of Ms Swift? I would urge you to do so. You will see that this is a woman obsessed with her own power trip in relationships, who actually writes very poor lyrics, on the level of a 14 year old.

Before I take political advice from the likes of Ms Swift I would sooner ask Megan Thee Stallion to install my solar panel system.

The problem with Swift voicing her support is that she knows that she has a number of fans who will drink toilet water if she says they should, so she is using her fans to accomplish HER political goals. How is this not reprehensible in the extreme?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Unsubstantiated opinion. C'mon, you are better than this garbage.

We have found out today he is not. He may actually be worse than Trump. Made a fool of himself as he melted down, so caught up in hate and anger he lost control of his mind. Promiscuous and can't move or dance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Insulting Swifties makes you look petty and shallow. Read what Taylor said, everyone needs to choose their own candidate. Just because you disagree does not make her choice wrong. Telling everyone to decide for themselves is very not reprehensible. She just saw what many here see and that is that Harris is a better choice. You are free to make your choice when it is your turn to vote.

Please, that's laughable. She knows very well if she says she's voting for Harris, some of her gullible weak-brained fans will do likewise. Why do you think she publicised how she votes, instead of keeping it quiet? Every one should choose their own candidate...oh but by the way, everyone look here, I AM voting for Harris!

Lol, come on.

13 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Whats worse is they also want the fool Harris. I do not know what the parties were thinking by allowing either one of them the chance to be Prez. Both are fools. But Harris is by far more ditzy and does not know anything about politics or being a politician. 4 years in the White House only taught her how to hide Bidens age infirmities. It surely taught her nothing about making decisions and negotiating with other leaders. 

Of course spending however many years telling people...."You're Fired" is streets ahead when comes to understanding politics.

• Like 2

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

She made it clear that she was correcting the false posts from Trump claiming her endorsement. If Trump had not posted fraudulent endorsements she probably would not have said anything.

You mean like she did in all the previous elections when she publicised how she voted and whom she endorsed?

On 9/15/2024 at 3:10 PM, riclag said:

Good news to hear , The vibe didn’t get a good response.

“new post-debate poll from YouGov released Saturday found that 8% of voters said the pop superstar’s nod is either “somewhat” or “much more likely” to convince them to cast their ballot for the Democrat”.

“ a whopping 20% said they are “somewhat” or “much less likely” to vote for former President Donald Trump’s opponent now that Swift has spoken”.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/14/us-news/more-voters-to-vote-against-harris-than-for-after-swift-endorsement-poll/

How long does this comedy season last?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually there was a time when Swift had a shred of decency:

"During an interview with Time to promote her 2012 album "Red," Swift dodged questions about the upcoming presidential election.

Swift said she'd been following the race between President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney, but she felt uncomfortable trying to influence her fans."I try to keep myself as educated and informed as possible. But I don't talk about politics because it might influence other people," Swift said. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swift-politics-endorsements-timeline#ahead-of-the-2012-election-swift-declined-to-comment-on-politics-2

Yes, you were right then Taylor. You were decent once.  You KNEW what you were doing.

Alas, now, you've crossed over to the dark side.

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The problem with Trump is that he knows that he has a number of fans who will bleach, swallow UV torches and eat horse worming tablets if he says they should, so he is using his fans to accomplish HIS political goals. How is this not reprehensible in the extreme?

When Taylor Swift takes a bullet to the head, and has another assassin trying to kill her, due to her political views let me know.

The difference is that Trump put his money where his mouth is, he could play golf anonymously all day without assassins trying to kill him. But he felt he had to enter politics. So that makes it his job to influence people politically. Swift's job is to look pretty with lipstick whilst she complains about her exes.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Haha 1

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

So you are mad because she can yell louder than you? More sour grapes. Why not talk about all of Trumps great celebrity endorsements? Mike Lindell is waiting to hear from you.

No, you don't get it. Swift HERSELF saw that her endorsing political candidates is wrong. She said so HERSELF!

"During an interview with Time to promote her 2012 album "Red," Swift dodged questions about the upcoming presidential election.

Swift said she'd been following the race between President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney, but she felt uncomfortable trying to influence her fans."I try to keep myself as educated and informed as possible. But I don't talk about politics because it might influence other people," Swift said. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swift-politics-endorsements-timeline#ahead-of-the-2012-election-swift-declined-to-comment-on-politics-2

Obviously she was right then. She understood the problematic nature of pop star endorsements and refrained from doing so herself.

However, she has the moral backbone of an alley cat and then turns around and does exactly the opposite of what she KNOWS is the right thing to do.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

When Taylor Swift takes a bullet to the head, and has another assassin trying to kill her, due to her political views let me know.

The difference is that Trump put his money where his mouth is, he could play golf anonymously all day without assassins trying to kill him. But he felt he had to enter politics. So that makes it his job to influence people politically. Swift's job is to look pretty with lipstick whilst she complains about her exes.

He already does play golf all day.....oh I see....anonymously.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marin said:

No mate not at all. Every single poster who is not chugging Kool Aid sees you for the vile hate filled numpty you are. Yesterday it was Harris's looks and today its Taylor. Sad Mofo you are. Gonna be sadder in November, but remember one thing you have no stake in this as you are a Brexit loving Brit.  

Started out sounding like Republican then like always the truth is revealed.

Competing with the susans, the cream of the MAGA crap

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

No, you don't get it. Swift HERSELF saw that her endorsing political candidates is wrong. She said so HERSELF!

Swift said she'd been following the race between President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney, but she felt uncomfortable trying to influence her fans."I try to keep myself as educated and informed as possible. But I don't talk about politics because it might influence other people," Swift said. 

Obviously she was right then. She understood the problematic nature of pop star endorsements and refrained from doing so herself.

However, she has the moral backbone of an alley cat and then turns around and does exactly the opposite of what she KNOWS is the right thing to do.

Of course yes 2012.....and people are never allowed to change their minds are they.....unless you've dug yourself into a huge whole with 50% of the voting population who want control over their own bodies....then it's oh...it's got to be longer than six weeks....oh...it has to be decided by each state....

• Like 1