New passport - Are Non O and extension stamps xfers needed if I intend to leave thailand?

I want to get a new passport in October. Just do the business before I leave Thailand. Why not. It expires middle of next year.

I plan to leave Thailand beginning of 2025 a week before my extension of stay expires. I currently have a Non O retirement with 1 year extension but do not intend to extend and will leave the country.

Question: Will there be any hassle at the airport if I just show them both my new passport and old one with the entry/exit stamps, re-entry permit and Non-O visa?

Or will I have to go through the hassle of a visit to Change Wattana Division one and getting all thoses stamps transfered to my new passport even though i will be leaving the country before my extension expires?

Perhaps a unique situation but please only experienced feedback or replies.

since I do not intend to renew my extension of stay and will leave the country I can't see why they would need to see the stamps transferred into the new passport to leave the country. I figure they'd want to  would just put an exit stamp in my new passport. But who knows.. this is Thailand know. I don't want to get fined at the airport or detained etc.. and pay some exorbitant fees to solve whatever they have a problem with there.

Edited by StandardIssue

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Just show both passports on exit. No problem or trouble at all. No repercussions.

Have you done this before. Exited with a brand new passport, no stamps and showed immigration the voided passport with the stamps. Sorry, just want to make sure folks are giving me information out of experience or had read enough posts to be sure this would be OK. I could just wait and get a new passport in the states but I figure why not do it here .. the embassy is not far from where I live etc.

This also affords me the flexibility to go to another country if I decide to.. when I leave my old passport will have less than 6 months valid. So the only country I think I'll be eligible to go to on my current passport is my home country USA.

Edited by StandardIssue

No. But I have entered on a new passport with no stamps. All stamps - Non-O, extension and re-entry - were in the old passport (got the stamps transferrred later). Leaving will be no trouble at all for you - just show both passports.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

No. But I have entered on a new passport with no stamps. All stamps - Non-O, extension and re-entry - were in the old passport (got the stamps transferrred later). Leaving will be no trouble at all for you.

OK, this is very useful. Thank you

Edited by StandardIssue