passport required for domestic flights? I have a Thai DL

On 9/17/2024 at 7:47 AM, richard_smith237 said:

This did happen to me at two hotels in Hua Hun...  

Nearly all hotels I go to take the Pink ID... But, two in Hua Hun were insistent on seeing Passport.

I'm not sure what they would have done had I not had my Passport with me (tucked away in my bag) - I doubt they'd turn away customers, Instead I think they'd just register my Wife as the guest and 'ignore the fact that I was there' so they don't have to bother filing a TM30 thingy... 

Anyway - IMO, it always pays wherever possible to ensure the Passport is at hand. 

The Op has clearly made the right decision to double check all of this. 

I travel all over Thailand with only my Thai DL.

Every airline is fine with this and i never had a issue with a hotel when checking in.

The Thai DL has the passport number which is sufficient for the TM30.

I tried to fly with my pink ID card but the airline told that this is only possible if my ticket is in my Thai name.

This was a few years ago so i don't know if this is still applicable.

6 minutes ago, merijn said:

I travel all over Thailand with only my Thai DL.

Every airline is fine with this and i never had a issue with a hotel when checking in.

The Thai DL has the passport number which is sufficient for the TM30.

I tried to fly with my pink ID card but the airline told that this is only possible if my ticket is in my Thai name.

Was that Air Asia by any chance ? (I've read that they can be difficult when using the Pink ID on check-in).

Additionally, for those with Pink ID who have used their Yellow Book (and Pink ID) to get their driving licence - the ID number will be on their license, not the Passport number. 

6 minutes ago, merijn said:

This was a few years ago so i don't know if this is still applicable.

As with much of Thailand regarding such points - the experience varies from person to person, location to location etc...   there is no hard consistency across the board, hence people have varying experiences.