Khao Yai National Park - Getting around

eboy

I'm thinking of going to Khao Yai National Park in early November. However, I don't have a car and I don't want to drive in Thailand. Is it possible to get around without your own car? Are there Bolt, Grab, or local drivers available? Any buses or taxis?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

22 hours ago, eboy said:

I'm thinking of going to Khao Yai National Park in early November. However, I don't have a car and I don't want to drive in Thailand. Is it possible to get around without your own car? Are there Bolt, Grab, or local drivers available? Any buses or taxis?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

You can drive yourself and just pay the entry fee. It used to be 400 baht. Camping is possible. I have friends that goes there every year on camping. I stay half the year very close to the park and I have travelled through the park many times, Also been halted by wild elephants that sometimes like to stop the cars and let them wait for a while until they get bored and walk away! You can also book with people that will take you into the jungle to look for wild elephants and other creatures! I have friends doing that but I forget the name of the company. Just go online and find out. Good luck!

The best way is to rent a motorbike. It's also the most fun, but since you don't want to drive yourself, it's pretty much impossible to get around. You could hire a taxi to take you to the visitor center and there you can book some night safaris, but that's pretty much it. You could try and ask the night safari guys  if they could drive you during the day. The park is way to big to get around on foot. The way from the entrance to the visitor center is already at least 15 kilometers and from there to Heaw Suwat waterfall it's at least 10 and to the Heaw Narok waterfall it's easily 25. Khao Yai is awesome, though. My favorite place on earth.