Thai Wife Issues in the UK

djb687

2 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Actually its a salary, whichever way you phrase it.

So let me see if I can understand this, if you're married you don't provide your wife with any money for spending for accessories, face creams, panties, bras, cosmetics, having a meal with their friends, or are you saying that she's a joint signatory on your mutual account in which case she has access to all your money? 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That's completely wrong, I am giving my woman expense money every month, so she can go out and eat, and buy clothes, buy a new bra, pay for some gas for the car, hang out with her friends, or buy a drink. She often brings home some fresh fruit. It's ridiculous to be dishing out 500 or 600 baht a day when I can just give her money every month to maintain her expenses. 

That is not a salary, that is just practical living. 

Why isn't she earning her own money?

If she isn't working, you are paying her to be with you, just like any BG.

I was married and while I paid household expenses and nights out, as 9,000 baht a month doesn't go far, I didn't give her any sort of "salary". She earned her own money for makeup, clothes etc.

I could rattle on for ages but I've seen this behaviour before and the marriages didn't last long. From what you say, it sounds like there's only one person in your 'marriage'.

If you could read Thai and get hold of her phone, you'd soon get to the bottom of this but I don't think you'd like what you'd see. I'm not suggesting you actually look at her phone - just giving you my two penneth and forming an educated guess at what it contains.

There are married Thai women living in the UK on Thai dating sites - not saying your wife is, just advising how devious they are.

Long story short, cut your losses now - IF she comes back from Thailand and depending on your circumstances, its likely to cost you more in the long run. I'd drop her at the airport and tell her not to bother coming back but she may be planning that already.