Man With Machete Kills Ex Brother-in-Law, Injures Ex Wife’s Parents in Domestic Dispute

Georgealbert

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If he pleads guilty he will be out in 10yrs and even less with good behavior. And that is only the Maximum sentence.

Unless he get the death penalty.

Section 288. Murder

Whoever, murdering the other person, shall be punished by death or imprisoned as from fifteen years to twenty years.

19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If he pleads guilty he will be out in 10yrs and even less with good behavior. And that is only the Maximum sentence.

Unless he get the death penalty.

Section 288. Murder

Whoever, murdering the other person, shall be punished by death or imprisoned as from fifteen years to twenty years.

as I clearly wrote, in THAILAND pleading guilty here gets you an Automatic 50% reduction off your sentence. So he could be out in less than 7 1/2 years. You don't seem to know much about how the Thai law works so why post BS.

The death sentence is rarely given.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

Under Thai law you have no rights if you are not legally married to the mother. That has been clearly told to me by a Thai Judge. Note this was in 2022, so unless the law has changed since then it still stands.

As is the case most anywhere, some judges are either prejudiced or ignorant of their own laws. This is from Thai law.................

The Process of Legitimation and Obtaining Parental Rights in Thailand.

There are primarily three ways to legitimize a child in Thailand and to obtain parental rights in Thailand.

1. Become married to the mother of the child.
  2. Voluntary Legitimation: This involves a joint application by the unmarried parents to register the child as legitimate at the local district office (Amphur). Both parents must consent, and the child, if old enough to understand, must also agree. The child must be seven years and over to conclude matters in this way.
  3. Court Order: If voluntary legitimation is not possible, a father can file a petition with the court to establish paternity and obtain parental rights. This is typically necessary in cases of dispute or when the mother opposes legitimation.

Rights After Legitimation

Once a child is legitimated, the father obtaining parental rights in Thailand provides him with the same rights and the same responsibilities as the mother. This includes:

• Joint custody and guardianship.
  • Right to make decisions about the child’s upbringing.
  • Right to visitation and contact with the child.
  • Financial support obligations.
  • Inheritance rights for the child.
  • Right to use the father’s surname.
Edited by fredwiggy

53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...not allowing him to see his child..."

That was not reported anywhere.

I said this as a possible reason, of course, why he went haywire. I'm a father who has been denied his rights until I won them, against a woman who only wanted to hurt me. This happens daily in every country many, many times, so it again, is a possible reason. A man usually isn't going to attack a brother in law, the parents, or his wife unless he felt he was getting the short end of the stick. If he was seeing his child, what reason would he have to do this? I listed a possibility, as did others here.

Just another "what can one even say?" type incident. The creep will be found quickly, and hopefully he will face multiple charges and be sent to prison for a very very long time, where it is likely he will face a great deal of warmth from his fellow inmates.

It just seems like when the brain matter was being handed out, the guy completely missed the appointment.