How-To: Import an AC from Japan. Logistics? Wish to buy Japan. And circumvent low quality.

Dear Folks,

I am tired of buying garbage produced in third-world countries.

I want to buy the quality of AC that I always enjoyed so much in Japan.

I have heard of others that have stopped garbage-binging on low quality AC imports sold somewhere around here.

Why can't I just ONCE AGAIN have the honest pleasure of using HIGH QUALITY electronics and home appliances, just like I used to use in Kyoto and Tokyo?

Therefore....HOW-TO....

How does one go about importing one or two ACs, for starters, to this market?

This is really a question for anyone interested...and...anyone who might know a thing about dealing with...

a. Local customs brokers

b. Logistics

c. Other hurdles that might be encountered during the import/export process.

I used to export and import while in another country.

It was easy because....

That country was all about IMPORT/EXPORT

An average size order might be USD500,000.

But now, with an AC, we're talking only about USD2000.00, or less.

I am SICK and tired of the garbage products and the garbage after-sales service, provided, very often, by incompetents who are fresh off the sugar plantations.

There must be a better way to buy the consumer electronics and household equipment that we all need, but hate to buy here.

So...

I must find a way.

What do you think?

Do you have any pointers about importing stuff like large home appliances?

And, I only buy premium ACs and other similar items.

Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Gamma-in-Paradise 

(Paradise, except for my local purchasing problems,.....that is.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

You could possibly try buying on amazon.jp

If it is like their other sites, they will pay all the duties in with the price.

I just had a quick look here at the following page, and they do indeed have air con units. Whether they are what you want is another matter.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=air+conditioner&__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&crid=3NNREMMXQRWD6&sprefix=air+conditioner%2Caps%2C349&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I think you have issues inside your head.

Plenty of decent quality air cons available here.

I  predicted you would say something like this, even before you had read this Topic.

• Sad 2

AC is so last century. Japanese ice plunges are the only way to go. But you should import the ice from Japan where the ice is even colder than from third-world countries. 

Edited by RSD1

26 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

Buy Daikin here in Thailand.  Anything else is a bad idea.

There was recently a thread about those a/cs leaking. Probably due to blocked drainage pipes. But an experienced falang fitter said that he now goes for TCL, made in China, as a very good quality.

I just got a 12000 BTU model XAL12C on Lazada on 9th September for Bht 7500. Will be fitted next weekend so will keep you up to date in 5 years.

40 minutes ago, phetphet said:

You could possibly try buying on amazon.jp

If it is like their other sites, they will pay all the duties in with the price.

I just had a quick look here at the following page, and they do indeed have air con units. Whether they are what you want is another matter.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=air+conditioner&__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&crid=3NNREMMXQRWD6&sprefix=air+conditioner%2Caps%2C349&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

THANKS!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Just another windup that will go this way:

Definitely another windup. This isn't his first AC rodeo. In fact, it's his 3rd:

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

There was recently a thread about those a/cs leaking. Probably due to blocked drainage pipes. But an experienced falang fitter said that he now goes for TCL, made in China, as a very good quality.

I just got a 12000 BTU model XAL12C on Lazada on 9th September for Bht 7500. Will be fitted next weekend so will keep you up to date in 5 years.

Yes.

Please do update us on this.