Russian fined 5,000 baht after driving dangerously on Koh Samui - video

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

pimps . people traffickers  drug dealers , corrupt officials , and the owners of call centers,  amongst others,  And you wish them luck ?    unbelievable 

I laughed out loud when I read your comment, so funny.

All Russians are one of the above you think, I have to laugh again, and how narrow-minded and ignorant you sound.

Unbelievable. 🤣

There are many Russians here in Phuket, very polite, many Russians are couples, many with young kids, and they keep themselves to themselves.

I much prefer them to the other farangs from the distant past, the tattooed, beer-swigging bar girl chasers, thank goodness most of the girly bars have gone and that type of tourist has bogged off to cheap Pattaya or wherever.

If I was Russian and disagreed with Putin etc and I was rich enough to escape the war I would also do what they have done to protect their family.

Phuket is now like the British TV Carlsberg advertisement of old, "Reassuringly expensive".  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

I laughed out loud when I read your comment, so funny.

All Russians are one of the above you think, I have to laugh again, and how narrow-minded and ignorant you sound.

Maybe I was not clear enough with my comment, It was actually intended to be aimed at the owners of aged, 2nd rate, modified  sports cars  that have been resprayed tacky colours, and normally have a loud exhaust fitted,   They are used purley as an overt signal of the owners self perceived status and wealth.   

In reality they are  indicative of low intelligence , as nobody with any sense would purchase such a vehicle, especially in Thailand, and also clearly indicate the owner, in reality, has relatively limited funds , but wishes to project an image that suggests otherwise, although this deception is only successful on others of similarly low IQ

True  I don't particularly like Russians, or Phuket for that matter,  I wasn't aware I was obliged to.  and contrary  to the conclusion you have jumped to, I don't for one second believe that all the Russian draft dodgers are members of the criminal classes I mentioned     However I am pretty certain that those sort of miscreants are well over represented in the Tacky 2nd hand cheap sportscar owning community 

Now some much needed basic education for you, to help you avoid such an embarrassing gaff in your closing sentence in future posts        Carlsberg was never "reassuringly expensive "    it was  "probably the best lager in the world"            "Reassuringly expensive"  was a slogan used in commercials to describe Stella Artois  a completely different beer from a completely different country.  :cheesy:

It is generally known as "wife beater" for good reason and with an advertising slogan like "reassuringly expensive" it is no doubt also  quite  popular with those who like to project a false image of wealth  I would imagine it is therefore quite popular with the same people who drive around in old repainted sports cars in Phuket 

So most of the "girly bars" have gone from Phuket have they ?  A walk through Patong would indicate otherwise you should get out more, or do you find that  stella is  too "reassuringly expensive"  for you   in the bars ,   and far more reasonably priced in 7/11 ?