Proof of Address form

dictater

Anyone do a proof of address form recently? I did one last year and the system at the time was fill out the application at immigration and then come back two days later, no fee and only passport needed. Still the same or changed? BTW I don't care what happened five years ago or how it is in another place, Im talking today in Hua HIn. 

I did one three days ago in Hua Hin. I paid 500 baht and got it in 15 minutes. You go to the back row of rooms behind the main building. They are located in room #4. You will need your passport and two recent photos. The room next door #3 can take your photo (8 for 200 baht) and make copies of your passport main page, visa and latest arrival stamp. You then fill out an application form and wait for them to finish.

It is now low season so not many customers when I went. Totally painless.

Edited by Paul3456
additional information
  • Like 1

They will ask you for 500 Baht per letter, I did 2 last month for licence renewals. Tell them you don't want it today, they will send you back to the front desk and give you a receipt with a date one week later.

Mine was dated Friday, I think 2 pm, I wanted to drive to Pranburi to get my licence that day so I went about 11 am, the lady on the desk tapped my receipt and pointed at the clock, said come back at 2 pm.......they've lost their little bonus so won't be flexible with you.

So if you plan ahead, go a week before you need it and it's free.

Certificate of residency is free in Hua Hin immigration if you put the application in on the first floor with the information desk and wait a week.  I think you need passport photo and 1 or two copies from passport. I picked mine up last week.