Question for Americans using login.gov

david_je

After logging in to login.gov and clicking on connected accounts, a box shows I am connected to US Dept of the Treasury (IRS' EFTPS, where I pay estimated tax), but it provides no link to my EFTPS account. It only provides a link to disconnect the account.
How to access my EFTPS account from login.gov?
Thank you.

6 hours ago, david_je said:

How to access my EFTPS account from login.gov?

I can't answer your question since I have not tried to access EFTPS on Login.gov. Just want to say I find it simple just pay estimated tax on IRS account. I can sign onto my IRS account with Login.gov or ID.me.

Not sure but I think if you want to pay on EFTPS, you have to sign in on EFTPS website, and still have to remember password etc, IRS account is simpler.

17 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I can't answer your question since I have not tried to access EFTPS on Login.gov. Just want to say I find it simple just pay estimated tax on IRS account. I can sign onto my IRS account with Login.gov or ID.me.

Not sure but I think if you want to pay on EFTPS, you have to sign in on EFTPS website, and still have to remember password etc, IRS account is simpler.

Thank you for reply. Finally got answer from login.gov that, as you said, must go through EFTPS, which takes you to login.gov and then back to EFTPS. That means you have to remember two sets of logins and passwords and get code sent to your phone. I will check re IRS account -- assume there you can pay est tax and check your past filed returns, etc.?

On 10/2/2024 at 10:17 AM, david_je said:

I will check re IRS account -- assume there you can pay est tax and check your past filed returns, etc.?

You can pay 1040ES there, and check previous estimated payments record. Your US bank info can be saved for future payments.