Thai Airways flight runs off runway in Bangkok storm scare

webfact

On 10/2/2024 at 10:55 PM, Gobbler said:

Utter nonsense. 

Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand, has runways equipped to handle instrument flight rules (IFR) operations, typically at Category I or higher levels. The specific IFR levels for the runways at BKK are as follows:

• Runway 19L/01R: Category III B ILS (CAT III B)
  • Runway 19R/01L: Category III B ILS (CAT III B)

Category III B Instrument Landing Systems (ILS) allow aircraft to land with very low visibility, down to a runway visual range (RVR) of as little as 75 meters without requiring visual contact with the runway until just before touchdown.

What colour is your anorak ?

Edited by Bday Prang

32 minutes ago, still kicking said:
On 10/2/2024 at 3:59 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Me to. 

I hope the Captain is having some time off, perhaps getting more training. 

B/S

F/O

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

45 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Huh? This is THAI Airways we're talking about here. When did they ever allow farang pilots in the cockpit? 

Back in the day, Thai had some Scandinavian pilots in the planes. There was an agreement with SAS to provide them.

40 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Huh? This is THAI Airways we're talking about here. When did they ever allow farang pilots in the cockpit? 

Huh????

How long do you stay in Thailand?

20 years ago it was a regular occurence that American pilots flew on the Thai planes.

But in the message itself I made a mistake, I was under the impressionthat the skidding was caused by wrong management.

But it turned out because aquaplaning and was not the fault by the pilot.

Aviation is an excellent topic for the nudniks here to show off what they don't know.  What none of you seem to know, is that a category III airport doesn't need visibility. Some of the planes can land themselves.  Of course, you don't know this and why blemish your record or total ignorance. 

So when I saw someone here blaming the the visibility not being more than 3000 I looked up what I already know. 

Don't educated yourselves, but keep talking about things you are ignorant about.