Non-O retirement visa single re-entry vs multiple re-entry?

Hello folks,

planning to use an agent to get a non-O visa for retirement. I have a couple of questions:

1. If I will have a single re-entry option can I "buy" a new re-entry at the airport before leaving the country if I need to travel outside Thailand?

2. 90 days reporting - is it needed if I will visit outside Thailand before every 90 days - meaning every <90 days!

Thanks again for your valuable help!

1) You can buy a re-entry at the airport.

2) If you intend to go 'home' just once a year a single re-entry purchased either with your visa or renewal, allows you to go and come back.

3) You do not need to worry about 90 reports if you are out of the country.....when you come back you get a piece of paper for 90 day reports dated 90 days after you enter Thailand.

4) Do not be absent from Thailand when your annual renewal of the visa is required, if to are out of the country, you will have to start from scratch to get a new visa. 

5) Multiple entry, as the name implies, means you can go and come without buying a re-entry at your local immigration office or the airport. There is no limit on the re-entries, but the ME is, I think, twice the price of the SE ie 3800 baht for ME and 1900 baht for single re-entry. 

No point wasting money if you will not be travelling outside Thailand a lot, IMHO. I always buy the ME as I am at the age where everybody seems to be dying and I might get called home to attend the funeral.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LingonBerry said:

planning to use an agent to get a non-O visa for retirement. I have a couple of questions:

Okay just so you know "retirement visas" (really 90 day Non-O visa plus a year extension of stay) gotten inside thailand are sold with NO re-entry because you're already here.

You would need to buy either a single or a multiple re-entry permit AFTER you get the year extension inked in but before you travel out of the country to keep your current stamp "alive" (so you'd get stamped in for that same expiration date when you come back) 🙂  .

𝟭. 𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗿𝗲-𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗜 "𝗯𝘂𝘆" 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗿𝗲-𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗳 𝗜 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱?
You can indeed, a single re-entry permit (at the airport is 1200baht, no photo, no form, no passport picture required)
BUT  
I would say IF you travel regularly just have the agent get you the multiple re-entry permit at the same time they do your "retirement visa" 🙂 that will let you travel out/in to thailand as much as you want for the whole 15 months the visa/extension is good for.  

𝟮. 𝟵𝟬 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 - 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝟵𝟬 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 - 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 <𝟵𝟬 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀!    
The way 90 day reporting works is

If you're IN the country for 90 continuous days you file a 90 day report. If you leave before the 90th day, you don't report and when you come back to thailand your next 90 day report would be due 90 days from the date you stamped in to the country

As long as you're leaving before a 90 day report would be due you are not obligated to report,

I know people on retirement extensions who travel a lot and they've never had to file a 90 day report because they're never here for 90 days at one time  

28 minutes ago, retarius said:

1) You can buy a re-entry at the airport.

2) If you intend to go 'home' just once a year a single re-entry purchased either with your visa or renewal, allows you to go and come back.

3) You do not need to worry about 90 reports if you are out of the country.....when you come back you get a piece of paper for 90 day reports dated 90 days after you enter Thailand.

4) Do not be absent from Thailand when your annual renewal of the visa is required, if to are out of the country, you will have to start from scratch to get a new visa. 

5) Multiple entry, as the name implies, means you can go and come without buying a re-entry at your local immigration office or the airport. There is no limit on the re-entries, but the ME is, I think, twice the price of the SE ie 3800 baht for ME and 1900 baht for single re-entry. 

No point wasting money if you will not be travelling outside Thailand a lot, IMHO. I always buy the ME as I am at the age where everybody seems to be dying and I might get called home to attend the funeral.

I would add, it is great to have multiple even you only going home once. 

Last year and this year because of happenings back home I had to fly home on short notice, so even I working back home, it was additional travels I did not plan for. 

So the cost and time to get a multiple is so little even you really do not have any plans or one trip only. 

1 hour ago, LingonBerry said:

You have correct answers posted already.

Do you have a bank account?

If so which bank.

Where will you be located in Thailand?