Recommendations on affordable but good Orthopedic Surgeons/Hospitals in BKK or Nonthaburi?

I did it good this time.  
I’m in Chiang Mai (I live near Bangkok) and broke my leg (fibula) near the ankle.  Not only that, I broke it in the same place about 10 years ago and still have the metal plate and screws in there. 

I went to ChiangMai Ram hospital and they charged me 40,000 THB just for xrays, consultation, meds, and a “slab” cast.  With surgery they wanted 400,000. 

When I had surgery a decade ago, I went to a government hospital, which was much less comfortable, but paid 15,000 in total for surgery, 4 days in a bed, a cast and medicine. Maybe a post-surgery check up, too. 

I live in Nonthaburi very close to northern BKK.  I’ll do the surgery closer to home, obviously.  

It gets worse.  They have to take the old hardware out, install new metal, realign the other bone (tibia) as it is very dislocated and probably replace new ligaments.  

It’s gnarly, guys.  And I am beating myself up for not having insurance, so no need for a lecture, please.  I know. 
Your thoughts on government, university hospitals?  Or have recommendations on private hospitals that are decently priced?  All recommendations are welcome.

p.s.  I was walking on the sidewalk and rolled my ankle. Not riding a bike or fighting or acting irresponsibly.  

IMG_2950.jpeg

Edited by keysersoze276
Added photo.

Your most economical option in that location with good quality would probably bd Ditirsj (public eing).

Crowded   red tape, long waits but between 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of a private hospital

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Your most economical option in that location with good quality would probably bd Ditirsj (public eing).

Crowded   red tape, long waits but between 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of a private hospital

Thanks so much. I can’t seem to find it. I assume that was public wing?  Still couldn’t find it though. It’s in BKK?

If talking private, "affordable" does not necessarily mean good.

There is no reason to assume a Thai public hospital is not "good" when it comes to surgery. The deficit would likely be in having to have ones own caretaker as the post op nursing seems lacking in my wife's mother's experience ( my wife had to sleep under her bed to look after her ). Whole families camped outside the hospital.