Could an October Surprise Shift the Deadlocked Trump-Harris Race?

Social Media

On 10/8/2024 at 1:46 PM, morrobay said:

Good post impulse ,∆∆ . Like I said all the mumbo jumbo in the world from " these people" does not change the facts. The wheels are coming off the Harris campaign as the population is finally starting to  see just who the **** she really is.  This election is going to be too big to rig.Screenshot_2024-10-08-07-36-42-682_com_ss.android_ugc.trill.thumb.jpg.f325d3f469ef396da570fc981c1e201e.jpg

Expect the usual suspects claiming that that was an AI modified photo and in fact Trump only had 2 old men that wandered into the wrong arena and a dog in his audience.

I'm still waiting for a certain poster to admit that a photo he submitted of a hall with hardly any people, when I responded with a more accurate photo of a packed hall, was of before the rally started.

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation from a Harris supporter as to why she is still not well ahead of the worst man on the planet ( as they like to describe Trump ).

It is actually quite simple explanation. Trump announced his candidacy on 15 Nov 2022 and started campaigning. Harris nomination was in August 5 2024 and in a short month has regained the loss momentum of Biden and gradually gaining grounds on Trump. So the question is really why Trump not well ahead with large time advantage over Harris. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrwest said:

Preferably not Mr. Chamberland but the issue is not Ukraine, it is the unilateral decision to invade another sovereign nation.

It's spelled "Chamberlain". If you are going to use a historical slur, at least be accurate.

You are right, the issue is not necessarily Ukraine. The issue is how much you/the MIC are willing to pay to support Ukraine. Also the issue is what will you accept as terms to stop the fighting.  

Personally, I would rather not see WW3 break out over a country like Ukraine. I don't think Ukraine is worth the blood and lives of thousands of NATO soldiers, nor is it worth wasting more than the tens of billions of dollars that have already been thrown away.

My preferred outcome doesn't include these results. How about yours? 

57 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It is actually quite simple explanation. Trump announced his candidacy on 15 Nov 2022 and started campaigning. Harris nomination was in August 5 2024 and in a short month has regained the loss momentum of Biden and gradually gaining grounds on Trump. So the question is really why Trump not well ahead with large time advantage over Harris. 

Trump would be farther ahead if he wasn't Trump. Another candidate (DeSantis, Vance) with a similar platform would be pulling away with the victory.  On the three biggest issues for American voters (inflation, immigration, the economy), the GOP leads in voter support.  TBH, I think Trump is a drag on the ticket. But given the alternative, no real other option.