Americans in Thailand Walk to Exercise the Right to Vote Overseas

webfact

Bangkok-Wat-Arun-Ratchawararam-Ratchaworamahawihan-FeatureImage-768x463.webp

Non-Partisan Gathering Shows Support for the Upcoming US Election

Americans living in Thailand will come together on Thursday, October 10 from 12 noon to 1 pm to show their support for US electoral democracy by exercising their right to vote in front of the US Embassy in downtown Bangkok.

The 2024 Election Ballot Walk will see a large, non-partisan group of Americans walk down down Witthayu (Wireless Road) from the Au Bon Pain (in front of GPF Tower) at midday with their ballots, and deposit their ballots in the official US Citizen Services drop box in front of the Embassy. Ballots returned via that box are sent back to the US by the Embassy, and mailed to the states to be counted in the November 5, 2024 national election.

“This walk is a symbol of American democracy in action, which allows Americans wherever they are in the world to vote in our national election,” said Harold Hibbert, Vice-Chair at Democrats Abroad Thailand. “Overseas Americans being able to use their voice and exercising their right to vote is part of what makes our system special, and we strongly support the US Embassy’s role in facilitating the vote by sending our ballots back to the US.”

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-10-09

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Haha 1

I was always taught to look carefully at all of the candidates and their views on the issues before voting. Having done all of the above, I have made my choice for 2024 and voted for the only person that I can fully trust for the job. His past track record in life has been exemplary and he often knows what he is talking about.

ballot.png

Edited by George Bowman