Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

webfact

On 10/9/2024 at 11:21 PM, webfact said:

On October 9, a popular Facebook page, "Hodjung Phuket," shared a video clip revealing a foreign man openly selling tour packages to tourists from a street-side booth in Phuket.

Are Thai people somehow hindered to do this ?

So I could make jewelry out of platinum?  

Could a falang draw up  house plans for a house on his wife's land?    Was it legal for me to repair a bamboo chair at mum's or house?  

On 10/10/2024 at 11:50 AM, arithai12 said:

This is part of what you get. The other things are buying condos and villas like peanuts, giving jobs to restaurants and hotels and taxi drivers... basically boosting PhuKet's economy to unseen level - even if I agree that for many of us it was better before. You know there is always two sides to a coin. 

btw, I didn't read the nationality, do you know it?

Disagree. They keep things to their own, not much benefits to locals.

The guy was Russian.

On 10/10/2024 at 1:03 PM, madmitch said:

If the business is legal and the foreigners selling the tours have work permits then they are doing nothing illegal. No different to to the many foreign owned dive shops that have been operating for years.

Many Russians prefer to deal in their own language 

Can't sell as a foreigner. One can make suggestions, but the tickets and money for that have to be done by a Thai.

Which makes all the foreigners sitting alone in 'their' shops selling, acting illegally.